How to debug UC Browser for Android
UC Browser has a huge market share in India and other Asian countries. Unfortunately, it is buggy and behind in support of many web standards. Lack of debugging/dev tools complicates the issue.
After spending a lot of time in their official forums and reading docs (in Chinese !), I found out there exists an ‘official’ way to debug.
I’ll cut straight to the chase:
- UC Browser has a ‘developer edition’ apk which can be downloaded here http://www.uc.cn/business/developer/
- Since the site is in Chinese, you could use Google Translate or use this link to download it directly http://pdds.ucweb.com/download/newest/UCBrowser/zh-cn/145/33533/developer
- Install the apk (you may have to enable ‘unknown sources’) and enable USB Debugging
- Open up the dev edition of UC and connect it to your computer. UC Browser will show up as a WebView in Chrome DevTools.
- Thats it ! You can now inspect element, use the console etc from Chrome DevTools !