A manifesto: Design for connectedness
Ten principles of design for connectedness.
- Connectedness to oneself, others, to one’s environment, time and to energy are essential for human well-being.
- To design for connection is to respond to physical, emotional and cognitive needs.
- To design for connection is to enable.
- Well-functioning space is priority, and aesthetics is a function of well-being.
- To design for balance is to bring opposites together.
- High quality is respect towards oneself and others.
- Senses tie us to a moment. Beauty is an experience of hope.
- Substances that age beautifully provide a sense of continuation.
- There is no such thing as perfection. Imperfection is a spark of life.
- Small touches make a big impact. We are not immortal, but just visiting.
© Heini Lehtinen, 2018.