7 Hidden Gmail Features You Need To Know
Gmail is a generally used email client. In the current world of internet and computer users, you will rarely find anyone without a Gmail account. The available Support for Gmail is also excellent. Also, Gmail has some features which make managing emails easier along with superior privacy as well as data security features.
Some features seem to be hidden because users are not aware of all of them.
1. Spam Hiding Abilities — It is an enlightening fact that the formation of dots into the email address of your account does not hinder the capacity of you receiving the emails. For example, if you do not want to provide your email address while signing up for an online service, you can just add a dot anywhere in the email address, or you could include two dots as well.
You will still get the notification emails sent by the online customer service which would be using the incorrect email address. In this direction, you can create an email filter so that you could delete all the emails that come to the false id that you had given.
2. Easy Description of Email Subscriptions — You can now easily manage any newsletter support that you would have had with the assistance of the “+” point. You can add filters that will filter out the emails with the “+” involved in the address, and you can move them out with efficiency.
3. Synchronization of Contacts — You can now Synchronize all the contacts of your mobile phone with Gmail. This will enable you to have a backup of your contacts. So now you will not be faced with the dreaded conditionof losing all your contacts from your phone as you can get it retrieve it back again into your phone from Gmail.
4. Address Restore Feature -Ideally a contact that was removd from your phone will also be deleted from Gmail once you sync it. However, with Gmail, you will still have the chance of \the contact within a span of 30 days after deletion.
5. Labs — This is an experimental corner in your Gmail. You can enable a preview pane from here, you can move the chat from the left pane to the right using the “Right-side Chat” option.
6. Merging contacts — Now you can merge duplicate contacts with the “Find & Merge Contacts” available in the top right hand corner in Gmail under “Contacts”.
7. Calendar — Now updating a calendar event, saving a task or a reminder is easy with the calendar feature in Gmail which can be operated with the Google ID. Now you can send calendar events via email, share the calendar or access calendars shared by other friends as well. This feature can be accessed from your smartphone as well, so now you can edit and save calendar events while you are on the go.
Conclusively, for any help regarding your Gmail account you can contact the Gmail support number.