5 Reasons I Enjoyed My Walk To Work
As I walked to work in downtown Guthrie, I was thinking about things I want to accomplish in the work I do, my marriage, with my children, etc.
This is one of the reasons I enjoy walking to work. It gives me time to reflect and think through my day and other important things in life.
It also gives me the great opportunity to pray over my community and for the leaders in our community.
Right now, I want to share 5 reasons I enjoyed today’s walk to work.
Here is why:
- A lady rolled down her window smiling and said she should be walking to work.
- A gentlemen rolled down his window and shouted Go Win to me. If you don’t know, I typically hashtag everything #GoWin.
- Someone honked at me and waved behind tinted windows.
- I stopped in on a lady that I say good morning to every time I walk to work. She and I agreed that she loves her job.
- I picked up some trash on the sidewalk a block away from my office which made me feel good about myself because I could have just walked on and said the City of Guthrie will pick that up. But COMMUNITY WINS right?
I want to take a moment to invite you to walk to work if you can and start taking in your community. This is also a great opportunity to stay a little healthier.
By the way, I can hear people greeting one another on the streets of Guthrie as I sit here typing this in my office in downtown. It made me smile.