Why Crypto Protocol Tokens Matter
Having read multiple different narratives about Web 3.0 and the role of tokens, I decided to give it a shot myself.
Let me know how I did. :)
- There exists X amount of valuable work.
- That valuable work is split between (crypto) protocols and the applications they power.
- Crypto protocols are able to perform much of the valuable work previously handled by applications.
- As crypto protocols perform most of the valuable work, they also capture most of the value.
- Gaining access to this value occurs through the crypto protocols’ native tokens that represent ownership of respective crypto protocol.
- Tokenholders are able to participate in the governance of a crypto protocol.
- The more activity that migrates to a crypto protocol (=the more applications that are built on top of it), the more valuable its governance (and token) becomes.
Feel free to share the post if you enjoyed it. You can find me on Twitter @henrihyvarinen.