DIY Padsicle, Your Postpartum Bestfriend!
- maxi / overnight pad
- aloe vera (I suggest a store bought version that has very few ingredients. I wouldn’t use gel straight from the plant because it tends to have a really funky smell)
- witch hazel
- lavender essential oil (optional)
- Open up the pad but don’t remove the outer packaging because you’ll want to seal it back up.
2. Apply aloe vera over the entire pad until saturated (not drenched)
3. Apply witch hazel over entire pad. About a teaspoon.
4. add only a few drops of essential oil (3–5)
5. Close the pad back up and store in the freezer until you need it!
Some woman like to put the padsicle on TOP of a regular pad, to catch any drippings, others prefer to use an adult diaper, which sounds humiliating but is oddly liberating considering the situation.
Hope this helps!