5 Powerful Chick Monologues
By Summer Lopez
From old school favorites to unsung new style performances, all are Great and almost impossible to narrow down.
5. Winona Ryder dumps Christian Slater in epic fashion. (Heathers, 1988)
4. Barbara Stanwyck calls it like she sees it in The Lady Eve (1941)
3. Claire Huxtable Brings. It. (The Cosby Show, 1984–1992)
2. The best of Judy Davis’s (many) flip-outs in Woody Allen films. (Deconstructing Harry, 1997.)
- Buffy: “Make your choice. Are you ready to be strong? (1997–2003)
Summer Lopez is a writer living in California. Politics, entertainment, and memoir are equal parts her subject matter. She also publishes We Are 40, a zine for Generation X, and Lost in a Book, a kid lit review.