SNACKS & TAKEAWAYS FROM BEYOND TELLERRAND
I spend the last 2 1/2 Days in Düsseldorf to attend the beyond tellerrand conference for my fourth time. Here are some thoughts , links and takeaways. Why the hell I write in english you ask? because the confenrence was held in english and I´am too lazy to translate all of my notes
Warm Up Night
Simon Höher – Responsible Tech
*Technology is the answer, but what was the question? * – Cedric Price
WHO is the user really? Talk to the People Designers are not the targetgroup of your App 😂 User-Centered Design Human Centered Design < – better voiceover city Video
What are we Building Suprious Correlations Blog Looking only at Data, Projecting only at biosed (racial, gender)
- Usman Haque
- Buy a service not a product
- Casa Jasmina prototype house
Keybnote – Chris Heilmann
Sorry Chris, but this was your usual boring rant. – It’s Not ok to allow your old stuff become landfill of the web. – It’s ok that things die.
Sharon Steed – Cultivating Community
- Twitter is a fully functioning Community. What is Community?
- A good Community lets you focus at the World. And not at your own Problems
- The foundations of all good Community is Empathy
- Without communication there is no collaboration.
- Powerful Communities are inclusive and diverse Communities.
Jina Anne @jina Design SYSTEMS – real Talk
- The design System is like a Dragon
- A styleguide FIRST interration is to make a the Team more productive
- A BTN is Not a simple component as you think People don’t like to change their process
Show. Don’t tell
- Open Source? Community? Lets think about it!
- Marketing Strategy für den Styleguide?
- Salesforce has 3 month release cicle
- What does living in styleguide mean?
- It’s Part of your Daily process
- Educate your employees
- Metadata attached to componance
- Change your mind again again again
- Have a depricatoin Strategy
- Avoid Silos
- Don’t create Silos for your Teams Cross functional Teams rule!
- D3 JS LIB for Visual Data
- To fast to write
This slide from Seb Lester, with the Muisk made a tear flow. Perfect end for a super confenrence day. I know there was another talk later, but we skipped it for some good talks, food and drinks.
- Good Stories rely on breaking and forfilling expectations Super nice online mag
Trend to: – specialization – Ubiquitiy – Collaboration
- Making hardware irrelevant
- - Service Workers (offline cookbook, etc…)
HOW WELL DOES IT FAIL?
- Slow Geeks Kevin Kelly
- webisites with the highest convesrion rate have a loadtime of 2.8 sec.
- Do we get Data of german speaking smartphone users (demographic) data?
- Can we calculate how high the cost (mobiledata) of a average visit are?
- Design and advertising
- how high is the energy consumption of our datacenter?
- Websites that have a higher Pagespeed are more likely to stick with the costumers and also have a higher conversion rate.
- WHO is Addi Osmani everybody is talking about him
- Honey App super nice SVG animations Vue framework Talked to Søren; the best framework for JS (best of both worlds React and… whatever ;)
And the rest is history as they say. Like the last years, there where good and bad bits of this conference. I will always want to come back. I will always hate the chairs and love the oppertunity to eat on Immermannstraße in Düsseldorf.