- goto https://gitlab.com
- create an account
- Create a new project https://gitlab.com/projects/new
- You’ll see a guide on how to go about connecting your offline project to your new repository.
- You need to just install git on your server
- Create your branches on your project (maybe just develop as master comes by default) offline
- Copy the script in the body of this post and edit to suit your credentials and save as .gitlab-ci.yml
- And also follow the full guide in this post.
- By creating the branches and adding the blocks I sent earlier to you .gitlab-ci.yml file, you have achieved deployment to two servers from one file, depending on what branch you pushed to.
NB: You have to go read more on git
- you don’t need to install gitlab on your server to achieve this auto-deployment.
- You have to understand ssh connections (at least basics).
Then you’ll be fine :)
I’m still here though.