HGH is the human growth hormone, which gets produced naturally by the pituitary gland and has the function of growth during our young adult life. Not only does it help our bodies to grow, but it can also regulate the growth of our muscles and bones, the sugar and the fat metabolism, it regulates body fluids and body composition and it can also play a role in how our heart works.
HGH can also be produced synthetically and as such can be found in various products. This type of synthetic HGH was first developed to help children and adults suffering from specific conditions, such as short stature, poor growth and medical conditions such as Turner´s syndrome, Prater-Willi syndrome, chronic kidney disease or HGH deficiency. It is also approved for treating children who were born smaller than normal. When it comes to adults, FDA has approved HGH for conditions such as short bowel syndrome, which is when the nutrients don´t get properly absorbed by the body, HGH deficiency due to a pituitary tumor or diseases that waste our muscles, such as HIV/Aids.
Nonetheless, with the years, HGH found its use in other areas too and many adults use it as a performance-enhancing drug, which helps to improve athletic performance and build more muscle. Some also claim that HGH can also help adults reverse age-related bodily deterioration amongst many more HGH benefits, but none of these uses haven´t been approved by the FDA.
This doesn´t necessarily mean that it´s hard to get a hold of these products, and they can either be prescribed by doctors or found online on internet pharmacies and various websites. They can be found in form of injections, HGH supplements, pills like Genf20 Plus or sprays like Sytropin and despite not being approved by the FDA, many have claimed that the HGH injections have helped them build muscle more efficiently. What are some other benefits of HGH injections?
- It helps you lose weight faster. By giving you more energy, HGH can help you burn more calories while working out or doing any type of od activity. This means that it will be much easier for you to lose weight than without it.
- It helps you recover faster. With higher HGH levels, you will be able to recover faster between workouts, providing you with more power to carry on with your next set.
- More strength. Elevated HGH levels will give you more strength, allowing you to move bigger weights and help you to gain more muscle.
- A better functioning brain. HGH will not only help your body, but it will also help your brain too! You will be able to be more focused and think more clearly.
- An increased sex drive. People who have high HGH levels not only have a higher sex drive, it is believed that HGH also helps you to reach better erections.
- A general good mood. When HGH levels are high, you will have a better mood and it is less likely for you to get anxiety or feel depressed.
- You will sleep better. People who have high HGH levels tend to have no difficulties at all when it comes to falling asleep and staying asleep, while those with low HGH levels can suffer from sleep deprivation. Getting enough sleep will recover you mentally and physically, leaving you more fit for the day to come.
- Strong bones. As mentioned, HGH helps build muscle, but it can also help you to gain strength in your bones. This is a very important positive effect, especially as we age because it will decrease the possibility of your bones breaking.
What are the side effects of HGH injections?
There are some possible side effects of HGH, that occurs if the dosage is too much for your liver to handle. These side effects include:
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- A feeling of numbness and tingling on the skin
- High cholesterol levels
- Muscle pain
- Nerve pain
- Joint pain
It is also believed that using HGH can increase the risk of getting diabetes. If you happen to have cancer that hasn´t been detected yet, using HGH during this time can lead to cancer progressing more rapidly. Some of the further side effects that people who have used HGH experience, are:
- Enlarged body parts: using too much HGH can cause certain parts of the body to grow bigger, but not necessarily the muscles people would like to grow. It can make the bones thicker and make them look longer, like the bones in the hands, feet or face, which is not necessarily a look you would want to achieve. This condition is called acromegaly and it is also accompanied by extreme pain.
- Heart attacks: once the HGH use leads to acromegaly, it can also start affecting the heart. When it affects the heart, it is known as cardiomegaly. Cardiomegaly is a condition where the heart is enlarged, making the individual more prone to heart attacks
- Gynecomastia: or other known as man boobs. Gynecomastia tends to develop when there´s no longer the right balance between HGH levels, testosterone, and estrogen. An effect of HGH injection that no athlete is trying to achieve!
How much HGH is too much HGH?
Using too much HGH can lead to a condition known as the HGH gut. This is a side effect, which can cause an overgrowth of the intestines. When the intestines are larger than they should be, the abdomen can start to swell, as much as up to twice its natural size, especially after eating. It is believed that high doses of around 5 milligrams per day can lead to this unwanted effect and individuals should try to keep it lower than that at all times. Fortunately, HGH gut is something that can be reversed, if the doses get decreased or if the individual stops taking the HGH supplements altogether. While HGH has many positive effects, it is important that the individual doesn´t exceed the recommended dosage. Keeping the dosage under control and eating properly will allow for the individual to enjoy the positive side of the hormone, without having to experience HGH gut. For more info how to raise HGH levels safely read more!