A personal injury refers to a physical or emotional damage inflicted on an individual as the result of the negligence, recklessness or intentional harm of another individual. Personal injuries can range from minor scratches and bruises to irreparable brain damage and even death.
Individuals and families affected by personal injury can obtain compensation for physical, emotional and financial losses by filing a lawsuit against the responsible party. The settlement can include medical, and hospital bills and payment for the psychological damage suffered.
New York Personal Injury Laws
If you or a loved one suffers a personal injury, it is important to choose a firm focused on own injury laws. An experienced personal injury lawyer can help you see all your options and make the best decision based on your situation.
Personal injury lawyers in New York have a lot of experience in all areas of personal injury, including extensive injuries, vehicle accidents, slip & falls and construction accidents. We are dedicated to representing the rights of injury victims in New York. Over the years, accident attorneys have recovered more than $ 500 million for our clients, and we are ready to fight for you.
Most of the injury lawyers work with a contingency fee, which means that you pay nothing unless you win your case.
Types of Personal Injury Lawsuits and Accidents in New York
Different types of accidents can cause personal injuries. Injury Law Firm represent the rights of injured victims in different kinds of accidents, including:
- Vehicle accidents
- Automobile Accidents
- Slips & Falls
- Accidents in a construction
- Accidents in the workplace
- Defective products
- Bad medical practice
- Sexual assault
- Product Liability
- Brain injuries
- Labor injuries
- Dog Bites
- Burn injuries
- Theft injuries
- Death by negligence
- And more
How Much Money Can I Get With My Injury Claim?
The amount of compensation you will receive depends on several factors including the type of accident, the cause of the accident and the severity of your injury or damage.
But, victims of personal injury can usually receive compensation for the following:
● Medical Expenses: You can receive financial compensation for medical needs including surgery, hospitalization, physical therapy and other medical costs associated with your injury.
● Lost Salary: If you suffered serious injuries, you might have to miss work while recovering from the accident or you may even have lost the ability to work. When this happens, you can receive compensation for lost wages.
● Loss of Financial Aid: When someone dies or is severely disabled, family members who depend on that financial support can receive compensation for the loss of income.
● Other Damages: In addition to monetary damages, you can receive compensation for other damages including emotional damage and suffering caused by your accident or injury.
Filing NY Personal Injury Lawsuits and Claims
If you or a member of your family suffers from a personal injury, you may be entitled to financial compensation for the damages. Contact the Injury Law Firm today for a free consultation of your legal options. We will help you assess your situation and determine the best actions to take to recover the highest possible compensation for your injuries. Our personal injury lawyers have offices in Queens, Manhattan, the Bronx and other places in New York.
Accidents are normal in everyday life and often happen without consequences. But if you are injured (physically or mentally) because of the negligence of another, you can receive compensation for the damages suffered.
Injury Attorneys have earned membership in both the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multimillion Dollar Advocates Forum, prestigious groups of United States litigation attorneys. The most common types of claims for personal injury are accidents at work, defective products, medical malpractice, traffic accidents and shooting accidents.
Our accident and injury attorneys have handled thousands of lawsuits, including but not limited to:
- Burn injuries caused by chemicals, electric exposure, fire or boiling water.
Injuries from car accidents: broken bones, joint injuries, brain injuries, and soft tissue damage
- Breast cancer, heart disease, blood clots, and other injuries caused by dangerous drugs and medical devices.
- Surgical errors, medication errors, diagnostic errors and other injuries caused by medical malpractice.
If you or a loved one has been injured by the negligence or recklessness of someone you deserve to be compensated. Our experienced personal injury lawyers from New York City are here to defend your rights. We will make sure that the legal system works for you and not against you. Because when you file a personal injury lawsuit in New York, you not only face the person or organization that injured you, but also the insurance company and the defense attorneys. They will probably be very intimidating, but we will fight aggressively for their rights.