5 best practices to be applied on Twitter
#1 Complete your profile
#2 Treat your posts
- Simple and precise text description (100 characters)
- A shortcut link (no curation links)
- A mention (optional for saving space)
- Hashtags (3 max.)
- Visual (image, gif, Video, Vine)
Visuals that get more engagement on twitter are pictures and Vine.
#3 Create lists
With lists it’s easier to see tweets on a specific topic. Besides, you can also share your lists with other users and you can subscribe to the lists of people you don’t necessarily follow.
#4 Interact with others
Say thank you when you have a new subscriber (careful, no automatic response), when you are mentioned or when a user has tweet your content.
To promote your account you can use different technics :
- Integrate the share button on your blog
- Indicate its presence on Twitter on the site with a badge
- Mention the account in your email signatures
- Broadcast visuals that mention the account or a hashtag that defines your brand
- Set the Twitter tab on the Facebook page
- Pinning an important tweet on your Profile
Finally, you must analyze the performance of your account. The analysis allows to know your audience.