Today we’re launching Hodl Hodl — a peer 2 peer cryptocurrency exchange. As of right now, you can sign up, fill in your profile info, set up 2fa authentication, create offers, and explore other functionality. We have disabled contracts creation because we need to form a decent order book and be sure everything works flawlessly. Expect it to be enabled in a week or so — that’s when the real trading starts.
It’s worth mentioning we’re still in Beta. Please use the site with caution and report any problems that you have. Our team is watching it 24/7 and is ready to help.
As always, our testnet version is also available at https://testnet.hodlhodl.com
You can use it with testnet bitcoins to get a hand of the trading process.
Starting next week creating contracts becomes available to everyone. Also, we’ll disable exchange commission until July 2018, it’ll effectively be 0% up until then.
What is Hodl Hodl?
Hodl Hodl is a P2P cryptocurrency exchange that allows users to trade directly with each other and it doesn’t hold user funds — locking it in multisig escrow instead.
How does Hodl Hodl work?
Hodl Hodl is a P2P cryptocurrency exchange, where all trades occur directly between buyers and sellers, and without a middleman involved. Each time a contract is created between two parties, Hodl Hodl exchange generates a unique multisig escrow cryptocurrency address. The seller sends cryptocurrency from his wallet to this account, and when the cryptocurrency is locked in escrow, the buyer sends fiat to the seller. The seller then releases the locked cryptocurrency from escrow using his payment password, and the buyer receives it in his wallet.
Hodl Hodl key features
- Secure: multisig (P2SH) contracts, you control the key to the funds in escrow;
- Cheap: low fee — max 0.6% per trade (fees will only be implemented beginning July 2018);
- Decentralized: P2P trades without KYC/AML;
- Support of native Bech32 Segwit addresses;
- P2SH-P2WSH Segwit multisig escrow addresses;
- Truly global P2P cryptocurrency exchange;
- Trade BTC and LTC;
- We have a TESTNET version — where you can trade with TESTNET BTC/LTC without risking actual money.
We are opened in BETA-mode
For now, we are opened in BETA-mode until July of 2018, which means a lot of new features are coming soon, with the main functionality of the exchange being ready and available for use now!
While we’re in BETA, we recommend that you use the following browsers to trade on our exchange: Chrome, Mozilla, Opera, Safari — upgraded to the newest versions.
Things that we’re working on:
- Lightning Network integration;
- Improving mobile version of the Hodl Hodl;
- Optimizing transaction fees;
- Increasing security for our users;
- Adding other cryptocurrencies to the exchange;
- Integration with wallet providers;
- Support for more languages;
- And many other interesting features.
Because we’ve launched in BETA-mode, we won’t charge you any exchange fee to use Hodl Hodl.
THIS MEANS 0% COMMISSIONS ON ALL YOUR TRADES!
Therefore, if you have a question, noticed a bug, mistake, unclear situation or if you have any suggestions — we kindly ask you to inform us ASAP via our contact channels mentioned below.
Referral program and exchange commission
As a bonus, we offer you a referral program, where you’ll receive part of our exchange commission for every trade your referral participates in, once we’ve started charging an exchange fee on our users’ (Q3 2018). You are eligible to use the referral program, and receive the reward, FOREVER.
You can earn up to 10% of our exchange commission, depending on how many active traders you’ve referred to the exchange.
You can find more information here and in our FAQs.
Progressive fee system (beginning July 2018):
Once we’ve implement fees, there will be different exchange fee rates available at Hodl Hodl exchange:
- Exchange fee of 0.6% will be applied for every new registered user.
- Exchange fee of 0.55% will be applied to your referrals that registered on Hodl Hodl with your referral code. As mentioned above, you can also permanently decrease your exchange fee to this level by referring at least one active trader.
- Exchange fee of 0.5% will be applied for every user that has passed verification (verification on Hodl Hodl is absolutely on a voluntary basis, and you can trade without any restriction even without passing it).
Video guides on YouTube
We’ve prepared video guides on our YouTube channel dedicated to the Hodl Hodl exchange, where you can find:
- Overview of the exchange
- How to use Hodl Hodl
- How to register on the exchange
- How to create offers and contracts
- And many others video.
Check this video about signing up and completing your profile.
How to contact us
- Hodl Hodl exchange: hodlhodl.com
- TESTNET Hodl Hodl exchange: testnet.hodlhodl.com
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Blog: https://medium.com/@hodlhodl
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/hodlhodl
- Telegram: https://t.me/HodlHodlTESTNET
- Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/hodlhodl/
- Slack: https://goo.gl/zaMnCn
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/hodlexchange/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgujEoZqX_FfDTLb3Uuhsdg
We hope you’ll find Hodl Hodl useful.