Official statement from Baltic Honeybadger organizers
In the past few days, we have learned that the upcoming Baltic Honeybadger conference was (without our permission) involved in a manhunt around a Twitter personality under the nickname @hodlonaut.
To be more specific, our greatest concern is clarified in this article:
Specifically with this quote:
“Also, @Hodlonaut has indicated his intention to attend the Baltic Honeybadger 2019 conference in Riga, Latvia on September 14–15, so anyone looking to collect the reward should keep an eye out for individuals who seem unnaturally focused on keeping their sleeves rolled down.”
After consultation with our lawyers (yes, we can play these games too) we would like to highlight a few points:
- Baltic Honeybadger conference was and will remain an event for sharing thoughts and ideas, and not for solving your personal conflicts, and it is not a place for your personal vendetta. We specifically state on our website: “The Baltic Honeybadger 2019” conference is dedicated to providing a harassment-free conference experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity, and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of conference participants in any form. Conference participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the conference at the discretion of the conference organizers.”
- Baltic Honeybadger conference has always held high standards in terms of security. If by any chance someone tries to break our internal rules and tries to harm any of our guests, they will be not only expelled from our event but also delivered to the closest police station with all further consequences.
- If anyone tries to hunt down a person who calls himself @hodlonaut during our event, we will be forced to take legal action against private individuals and legal entities that call/have called for that action.
- If a person who names himself @hodlonaut is not sure whether he can attend Baltic Honeybadger then our team is ready to:
- Meet you personally upon your arrival in Riga,
- Ensure proper accommodation and transportation;
- Ensure your personal security;
- Ensure a pleasant experience during your entire stay in Riga.
We are all Hodlonaut!
See you in Riga!