Powerful Pine Essential Oil
Pine essential oil is the oil obtained from pine trees. Its botantical name is Pinus Sylvestris.
Depending on which variety of pine the oil is sourced from, it may either have a fresh, earthy fragrance or a strong, dry scent. Pine oil blends well with cedarwood atlas, sage, juniper berry and rosemary.
Pine oil is extracted through steam distillation of the needle-like foliage of the pine tree. The health benefits associated with pine oil are as wide as the forests they come from.
Here are some reasons why you should invest in some pine oil.
- Anti-septic, anti-fungal, anti-microbial, anti-rheumatic, diuretic, analgesic, anti-inflammatory and anti-depressant properties
- Works great as a decongestant and expectorant helping with coughs, colds, flu, asthma and bronchitis.
- Helps to ease muscular stiffness, arthritis and rheumatism
- Great for skin conditions such as acne, psoriasis, scabies and eczema
- Helps promote a healthy metabolism
- Helps to boost activity levels
- Relieves urinary tract infection
- Treats cuts, lice, gout and sores.
- Helps with depression and anxiety
- Helps with fatigue
- Helps provide relief from pain
- Stimulates the body and mind and gives and energizing effect
Use pine oil either through your diffuser, by inhalation or topically (if diluted in a carrier oil such as jojoba oil). It is never safe to ingest any essential oil.
You can also dilute your pine oil with water, which makes a great cleanser for around the house. It has anti-bacterial properties killing off many household germs such as e-coli and mildew.
Try our Cold & Flu Blend
2 drops pine oil
2 drops eucalyptus oil
2 drops lemon oil
1 drop rosemary oil
Add to your diffuser or add a few drops to hot water and place towel over your head and bowl of hot water and breathe in deeply.
If you want a great Christmas scent, try mixing pine, vanilla and cinnamon bark together, and add to your diffuser.
If you are planning to get pregnant, already pregnant, or breastfeeding your child, it is not recommended that you use any type of pine oil without the consent of your doctor. Also keep away from children.
Mistico Mimi Wellness Centre is a member in good standing with the Canadian Federation of Aromatherapists. The retail store carries a wide assortment of essential oils and diffusers and is located at 241 Dunsdon Street, Brantford.