Environment Artist Wanted: Must Build Cities on Rock ’n’ Roll
We’re a small team of artists, programmers, writers and game designers building a narrative game in a near-future city. We haven’t shared much publicly, but we’re incredibly excited about what it is and where it’s going.
The team is extremely multidisciplinary: our art director is a game designer, our writers train AIs and build adventure games, and our UX lead does character animations on the side. We work remotely and care deeply about making our work environment fun, focused, gender-balanced and mutually respectful.
Our team is missing one critical individual, however. That’s right, we’re looking for someone with a very particular set of skills.
Who we’re actually looking for is an experienced environment artist- someone who can create a city with us, building by building. Someone who is as much a designer as they are a builder. Someone who can execute on a clear direction, but who also has the imagination to create and expand upon it.
As a member of our team, you’ll leave an indelible mark on the visual character of the game and the fictional city in which it takes place.
- Work with Art Director on hitting a visual aesthetic for our city environment and world map
- Contribute to the design of buildings, facades, billboards, and vehicles
- Create modular assets that can be used for generative layouts.
- Execute designs as low-poly 3D assets, including modeling, texturing and rigging (where necessary)
- Collaborate with engineers to optimize the environment for PC and Mobile devices
- Contribute a handful of higher poly assets that can seamlessly match the 2D aesthetic of our game’s characters
- Maya and Photoshop expertise a must
- Have shipped a game as an environment artist (or equivalent work experience — show us your portfolio!)
- Experience with Unity a plus
- Experience working with FX and Rigging is a major plus
Our ideal candidate is a visual futurist who loves urban design, autonomous vehicles and livable cities, but isn’t afraid to walk dystopian back alleys on the weekends.
This is a contract position but will entail about a year of full-time work, with a competitive salary. We’re ideally looking for folks in the U.S.A., but we can try to work out an arrangement for the right alien.
If you think you might be a fit for our team, please reach out to Vincent Perea at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us a bit about yourself! Attach your resumé and/or a link to you portfolio site to and we’ll get back to you to set up a chat, tell you more about the role, and answer any questions you might have about the project.
We look forward to hearing from you!
- the Chance Agency team