How to Stop Smoking Weed

Whether you smoke weed socially, for medical relief, or because you have a chronic , long term habit, quitting can be a challenge. Although less than 30% of regular users actually have a real dependency on weed — where not smoking will make them feel bad both physically and mentally — it doesn’t mean it’s really easy for the other 70% to give it up.

Basically, to have a hope of quitting you need to know why you smoke weed, and to be honest about how much/how often you smoke. Armed with that information it is much easier to develop a quitting strategy that has a decent chance of being successful. If you need more help with your addiction then read Kevin’s story at his website — how to stop smoking weed.

Cold Turkey

It’s drastic, and takes willpower, but this approach can work really well for short term or casual smokers. Some people make a snap decision and never look back, others do better if they plan ahead — clearing out any weed related items they have and preparing themselves mentally before the chosen date arrives. A great course for teaching yourself Cold Turkey without feeling huge withdrawals is the Quit Weed course.

Change habits

If you always shared a joint on a Saturday night with a certain group of friends then it’s sensible to meet different people, at least for a while. If they are the type to pressure you to smoke again then you may have to let them drift away. Serious users tend to build a lifestyle based around smoking, so quitting may mean deleting a few phone numbers from your mobile, and building a new social life.

Cut down gradually

A good approach for people with a methodical approach to life. Doing it this way means you get to control process, and give yourself as much time as you need to wean yourself of weed. Some people like to tell others about their plan, set a date and have a support system in place to cheers them on.

Medical intervention

Although there’s no particular legal drug that can be used to ease the withdrawal symptoms heavier users may experience, a doctor should be able to prescribe something to help with issues like anxiety or insomnia.

Rehab

This is a great way for heavy or extremely dependent cannabis users to quit for good. Rehab is available by Private organisations or through the Government, although there may be a lengthy wait; there are more private options available to those able to pay. Some clinics offer inpatient, outpatient and even home based detox programmes. This isn’t an easy route, but it’s a good option for those able to commit to the process.

Counselling

Therapy can be a fantastic way to help keep yourself off weed, especially for people who like to understand their behavior. This can also help people identify or explore the reasons they smoked at all — to avoid slipping back into old habits.

Choosing the best approach or ideas for your personal quit campaign is important. Being realistic about both your smoking habits and the way you best overcome challenges makes the chance of long term success much higher. If you’d like to be guided or help someone be guided down a path of least resistance then something like the Quit Weed Course could be a fantastic thing to grab.