NMGA // Ana Tijoux: Somos sur
I’ve been consuming a lot of sadness lately.
And I’m fucking tired and horrified and angry and sad.
Change is the only possible outcome in such times.
One must believe in Love, otherwise one will never become aware of it.
The same goes for Revolution.
The same goes for Change.
I stand with those who suffer not with those who pretend.
I’m with culture, resistance.
The home of weapons needs to be destroyed.
Let’s go back to reality.
All the silenced have a voice now.
All the invisible are seen now.
be wary and aware of what you are being fed
If you are not outraged,
you are not paying attention.
Truth is singular. It’s ‘versions’ are mistruths.
Nothing changes until somebody feels something.
We make change.
This is change, building.
It is in our self-interest to find a way to be very tender.
Our lives are not our own.
From womb to tomb, we are bound to others.
Past and present.
And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.
Revolution is Love if it wants to be worthy of its name.
- Horvat, S. (2015). The Radicality of Love. Cambridge: Polity Press. p. 7.
- Tijoux, A. & Mansour, S.(2014). Somos Sur.
- Wachowski, L. & Tykwer, T. & Wachowski, A. (2012). Cloud Atlas. Cloud Atlas Production & X-Filme Creative Pool & Anarchos Productions.
- Gapingvoid. Nothing Changes Until Somebody Feels Something. http://www.gapingvoidart.com/gallery/nothing-changes-until-somebody-feels-something/. Accessed 5 August 2016.
- Holzer, J. (1983–1985). The Survival Series.
- Wachowski, L. & Tykwer, T. & Wachowski, A. (2012). Cloud Atlas.
- Horvat, S. (2015). The Radicality of Love. p. 6.
No More Good Art is a website where I showcase a song every week. I started by illustrating standardised covers in 2013, and the project has slowly grown to become a full-fledged design exercise.
This is the latest iteration of the project, where I connect the posts to texts that inspire me.
© 2016 Hector Pahaut