Week 6: User requirements
In this phase, we have summarised the our requirements by creating user stories and many other documents, then sorted the user stories as themes and epics.
- Week 1: Working in teams
- Week 2: Standards and future studies
- Week 3: Need finding
- Week 4: Ideation
- Week 5: Idea Validation/ MVP
We came out 14 user stories in total, including both the new employees and HR perspective.
User stories of New employees:
- As a new hire in an international consulting company, I want to have some activities to collaborate with colleagues in other countries.
- As a new hire in an international consulting company, I want the onboarding can be conducted in the hybrid mode because of my flexible schedule.
- As a new hire in an international consulting company, I want to have a clear set of goals to keep motivated throughout the onboarding and my work.
- As a newbie in an IT company, I need a checklist to confirm if I have done all the works in process.
- As a newbie in an IT company, I need some of my e-learning courses to be animated to make them more interactive, engaging and interesting.
- As a new employee I need a progress bar to see my completion status of onboarding tasks.
- As a new employee I want to customise my avatar to suit my preferences.
- As a new employee I need all documents specific to the organisation and project at a single location so that I can find them easily.
- As a new employee I want a chatbot to help me find the required information.
- As a new employee in an IT company, I need incentives such as coupons or lunch rewards to encourage the newcomers learn new skills or new trends.
User stories for HR:
- As an HR, I need to manage all the onboarding processes on a handy platform because I want to get updates and resolve any problem as soon as possible.
- As an HR, I want to engage new employees in the company’s community in an enjoyable and relaxed way to keep the company’s local branches resonating and connected.
- As an HR, I need a method to get more sharing from employees regarding their experience, improvements required, and more because it is hard to get the survey’s answers after the first month.
- As an HR in an IT company, I need learning data to improve onboarding experience for our new hires.
By grouping the stories, epics are created to indicate a bigger stories of users.
- As a new employee, I want one-platform system to make my on-boarding more effective.
- As a new employee, I need gamification elements to make my on-boarding experience more fun.
- As a new employee I want a platform to interact and engage in fun activities with my colleagues.
- As a new employee I want 24/7 assistance with my queries during onboarding
Again, based on the epics, we formed all the new employees’ requirements into 4 themes, which are One-platform, Gamified e-learning, Collaboration channel and Virtual assistant.
The themes has been implemented in the prototyping phase, all the user evaluation tasks are around these themes.
Summary of each team member’s contribution since the last post