Top 5 Ways to Improve Mental Health
In many parts of the world, even now, it is taboo to talk about mental health. Too often, people ignore this issue to not to appear demented in the eyes of others.
Researching ways to improve mental health is the first step towards improvement. Good Job!
1. Disconnect from the world: First and foremost, put your phone down. Shut down your laptops. Unplug from the world outside and listen to yourself and what your mind is saying to you.
2. Meditation: Once you have unplugged, connect to your inner chi. Connect to your inner self. You can do it either by Praying or just sitting down with therapeutic sounds in the background; and doing breathing exercises.
3. Go for a Walk: We have made ourselves so comfortable at home that we don’t value the outdoors anymore. Go for a walk outside in the early morning crisp air, not on a treadmill.
4. Eat Healthily: Pizza, soda, store-bought mac, and cheese, chips. Yes, it sounds yum, but why not reach for the grapes, apples, pineapples, nuts, avocado shakes, passionfruit Mojitos instead? It is unnecessary to put your physical health through a crisis if your mental health is in plight.
5. Surround yourself with POSITIVE Vibes: Watch comical videos or sitcoms, talk to a friend face to face. Seek help from a professional. There is no shame in putting yourself above all else since you are the most important person for your family.
The world will always be there tomorrow, but you and your mental well-being should always be your priority. After all, if you don’t take care of yourself, no one else out there can help you either.