All Our SXSW Links Are Belong to You
The Forrest Four-Cast: March 7, 2017
Over the last few weeks, the content in this column has increasingly focused on March Magic. A quick compilation of some of the more popular SXSW-related posts is as follows.
- Tech-focused sessions run for much later in the week at SXSW 2017. Don’t miss these captivating sessions on Wednesday, March 15 and Thursday, March 16.
- Artificial Intelligence looks to be one of the biggest themes at this year’s event. Find some of the most intriguing AI-related sessions on this page.
- Next-generation health technology will also be very big at SXSW 2017, as punctuated by the announcement of a presentation by Vice President Joe Biden on Sunday, March 12.
- Learn all about the transportation systems of the future at these 15 panels and presentations that tackle tomorrow’s mobility solutions.
- The 2017 event includes 24 different programming tracks, ranging from “Brands & Marketing” to “Design” to “Food” to “Intelligent Future” to “Government” to “Journalism” to “Sports” to “Social Impact” to “Startup Village” to “Workplace.”
- The creative community in Austin provides an anchor for all things SXSW. Check out some of the most interesting Central Texas speakers at this year’s event: Part One and Part Two and Part Three.
- Get the information you need about how the policies of the new administration will impact the geek world at these 18 Tech Under Trump sessions on March 15–16.
- Discover how various big cities around the US are implementing smarter solutions to their day-to-day problems by meeting the 20+ mayors who are participating in SXSW programming.
- SXSW is your one-stop shop to meet dozens and dozens of innovators from around the world. Click here to discover the full scope of international participation at the 2017 event.
- Explore the spiritual side of SXSW by attending “Compassionate Disruption” and many other faith-focused sessions that are scheduled throughout the nine-day program.
- The improved badge system for SXSW 2017 will make it much easier for registrants to attend more content and make more connections.
- In addition to this improved badge system, we’ve made a lot of other great changes for this year’s event. SXSW is always evolving — and that is a good thing.
- Make the most out of SXSW by trying to attend sessions outside of your area of expertise (and meeting people who are not already in your social circle). Letting go of what you know is the key!
- Great food makes your SXSW experience even more enjoyable! Tickets still available for the networking lunches on March 10 and March 11.
- FREE stuff includes workshops at the AT&T Conference Center, SXSW Create, the SXSW Job Market, the ATX Startup Crawl and the Community Service Awards.
Hugh Forrest tries to write four paragraphs per day on Medium. These posts generally cover technology-related trends. When not attempting to wordsmith or meditating, he serves as Chief Programming Officer at SXSW in Austin.