Save $100: Buy SXSW Badge Before Feb 10
The Forrest Four-Cast: February 4, 2017
February 10 marks the final discount deadline for SXSW 2017. So, buy your badge before the end of the day next Friday to save $100 on the walkup price for March Magic in Austin.
Ten things that you need to know about the SXSW 2017 registration process are as follows:
- Buying a badge gets you access to SXSW sessions, the SXSW Trade Show, the dozens of SXSW networking events and so much more. Look at the chart on this page to understand exactly what you get when you purchase your registration
- For 2017, we have fundamentally changed the SXSW badge system, giving attendees more access to more content and more career-enhancing connections. Watch this video to better understand how the new badge system works.
- Browse the full lineup of thousands and thousands of SXSW 2017 events by visiting the online schedule.
- Use the “Discover” function on the online schedule to find even more content that will appeal to your specific interests. When you click on a session, a film screening or a music showcase, look at the right sidebar of the listing to see what other items other people who have favorited this item have also favorited.
- Start setting up March meetings by activating your SXSW Social account and browsing the profiles of other creative industry professionals who will be in Austin in March.
- Book your lodging for Austin via the SXSW Housing Department. Plenty of great rooms still available throughout the March 10–19 timeframe.
- Overload on protein by attending the BBQ Crash Course on Friday, March 10. Registrants can sign up here to be part of the fun. Attending the BBQ Crash Course requires additional funds — buy your ticket when you purchase your SXSW registration.
- Or, get your nourishment at the Taco Meet Up, also scheduled on Friday, March 10. Registrants can sign up here to be part of the fun. Attending the Taco Meet Up requires additional funds — buy your ticket when you purchase your SXSW registration.
- SXSW Gaming has now shifted dates to later in the week, opening Thursday, March 16 and continuing through Saturday, March 18. Admission to SXSW Gaming is absolutely FREE with your SXSW Interactive, Film, Music or Platinum badge.
- Last but not least, watch the SXSW website on Tuesday, February 7 as we announce a lot more content for the 2017 event. Names that will be part of this Tuesday, February 7 announcement will reinforce the depth and breadth of the many amazing speakers who have already been revealed.
If you have questions about March Magic in Austin, then please look for your answer via the FAQ section of the SXSW website. Or, directly connect with us at info at sxsw dot com. Also, follow us on Twitter!
Hugh Forrest tries to write four paragraphs per day on Medium. These posts generally cover technology-related trends. When not attempting to wordsmith or meditating, he serves as Chief Programming Officer at SXSW in Austin.