How to make a satisfaction survey?
More and more companies are making satisfaction surveys to, and there are several reasons to making them. In the last post, I explained why, now let’s see how to make one.
When you create a satisfaction survey, you should respect a certain order. A satisfaction survey must be carried out in several stages.
· Step 1: The orientation of your questionnaire
a) Determine the objectives of your investigation, ask yourself the right questions, for example:
- Why do you do this questionnaire?
- What is my goal?
- What will I measure?
- What do I need to know?
b) Determine your target, the target can be:
- A certain age group (for example: persons over 60 years of age)
- Lost clients
- New customers …
c) Determine your sample, ask yourself the right questions as for example:
- What is your population?
- What sample size do I need?
- Will the participants answer?
- How many people should I send my satisfaction survey to?
· Step 2: Format the survey
a) The content
- Organize your questions in a strategic order
- Go from the general to the essentials
- Questions should be simple: Everyone must be able to understand the them!
- Forget interminable questionnaires, try to be concise
b) The form
- Use different scales (Verbal scales, quotations)
- Privilege even numbers: there are no mid-points. The customer is obliged to position himself
· Step 3: Promote your survey
- When your client buys a good or service from your company, inform him that he will be asked to fill out a satisfaction survey in a short time.
- The goal: to get maximum responses
· Step 4: Publish satisfaction survey
- Put your satisfaction survey online
- Send the survey by email: This is the best way to get a maximum response
- Publish your survey on your website
b) Telephone interview
c) At the end of the act of purchase
· Step 5: Analyse your results and develop an action plan
a) Analyse your results
- Interpret your results with different media (graphics, curves, histograms, matrices)
- Focus a lot on things you can improve
b) Make an action plan
- The goal: Improve points that are not suitable for clients
- Adapt to new consumer behaviour
Keep your goals in mind and create your own satisfaction survey! If you need more information, contact us at Hugo.Events!