All Iron Ventures. We are hiring an investment associate!
All Iron Ventures (AIV) is the venture arm of All Iron, the family office of the Ticketbis’ founders, who sold their company to eBay in 2016, in what turned out to be one of the biggest success stories to date in the Spanish startup ecosystem. With a target of approximately €100Mn AUM, we are on the path to becoming one of the largest Spain-based VC investors.
We invest in early stage companies with a focus on marketplace and subscription models. We have a strong preference for revenue-generating and capital-efficient business models with the potential to become leaders in their segments. We mainly invest in pre-series A, yet we have flexibility to invest across all stages. From a geographic standpoint, we do invest in Europe, the U.S. and Latin America. Right now we have a portfolio of approximately 30 companies across diverse sectors.
We’re a small team with an entrepreneurial can-do attitude and the ambition to become a leading player in the space. We value and believe in hard work, humility, teamwork, communication, and good character and everything that we do is inspired by these values. We’re a startup ourselves, so joining AIV means not only working with startups and co-investors but also contributing to building our own venture at the same time.
We are headquartered in the awesome city of Bilbao and we also have an office in Madrid. We are well connected in the ecosystem and often travel to the main startup hubs located overseas.
Are you passionate about startups, technology and venture investments? Do you consider yourself an all-rounder with solid industry expertise? Do you want to work in a flexible environment with significant autonomy and responsibilities? Then, this is the right job for you.
As an investment associate you will play an active role in investment transactions from start to finish. You will be responsible for trend scouting, deal sourcing, due diligence for investment opportunities and financial modeling. Furthermore, you will support the reporting manager in terms of monitoring the existing portfolio companies and providing strategic support.
Tasks and responsibilities
● proactively look for and build relationships with promising entrepreneurs and startups, as well as with other investors
● work on all aspects of portfolio building, including sourcing, screening and analyzing new potential investments. Interview entrepreneurs / founding teams, prepare summary materials and present investment recommendations in deal meetings
● actively participate in the ongoing management of our portfolio companies (including financial and business KPI monitoring), supporting them as needed and potentially even joining some of the boards as an observer
● expand your network by representing AIV at conferences and contributing to our marketing activities
● assist in in-depth commercial and financial due diligence
● be the ultimate owner of our CRM platform (used for dealflow purposes), reviewing and updating it as needed on an ongoing basis
● build financial models and follow the market closely to assess company valuations and build market intelligence thereof
● proactively obtain information from different sources to enrich internal decision making
● assist with special projects on an as-needed basis
What we are looking for
AIV is essentially a startup itself. Therefore, we are looking for someone who thinks and acts like an entrepreneur and is willing to take on above-average responsibilities. We provide a significant degree of freedom and expect you to be proactive, responsible and to have initiative, a “can-do” attitude and strong worth ethic and commitment.
We are looking for someone who loves and is excited about startups, markets and technologies.
In particular, you could be a good match if:
● You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree and a minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience, preferably in investment banking, private equity, venture capital or management consulting. Startup experience is a plus.
● You are fluent in Spanish and English (additional languages are a plus).
● You have great communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
● You are a team player with the ability to also work independently and with limited supervision. You have exceptional number crunching and organizational skills and excel at attention to detail, multitasking and working against tight deadlines.
● An ability to build relationships quickly and effectively and to maintain a professional network in the startup and tech ecosystem.
What we offer
● A full-time position based in Bilbao, Spain.
● A competitive salary, plus discretionary bonus and additional benefits.
● The opportunity to make a significant impact at a growing tech investor in the initial stages of its development.
● Work in an international and inspiring community with the best European entrepreneurs and investors.
● Ongoing training to develop your technical, leadership and interpersonal skills.
Send to firstname.lastname@example.org your resume, links that best characterize your online presence (personal blog, Medium, Twitter, LinkedIn,, etc), along with your answers to the first, and your choice of one of the other questions below:
● Is there any specific company you would like to invest as an AIV team member? Why?
● Which industry sectors get you most excited? What sectors offer the best market opportunities?
● In your view, how do startups select their VC investors? What features do you find most relevant in a VC?