8 Questions to ask an AWS Expert
If you’re headhunting a cloud computing expert, specifically someone who knows Amazon Web Services (AWS) and EC2, you’ll want to have a battery of questions to ask them to assess their knowledge. As with any technical interview focus on concepts and big picture. As the 37Signals folks like to say “hire for attitude, train for skill”. Absolutely!
If you want more general info about Amazon Web Services, read our Intro to EC2 Deployments.
- Explain Elastic Block Storage? What type of performance can you expect? How do you back it up? How do you improve performance?
- What is S3? What is it used for? Should encryption be used?
- What is an AMI? How do I build one?
- Can I vertically scale an Amazon instance? How?
- What is auto-scaling? How does it work?
- What automation tools can I use to spinup servers?
- What is configuration management? Why would I want to use it with cloud provisioning of resources?
- Explain how you would simulate perimeter security using Amazon Web Services model?
Did you make it this far?!?! Grab our newsletter.
Originally published at Scalable Startups.