Soup Challenge — Day 1
Recently, my girlfriend Sarina and I embarked on what we are calling the “Soup Challenge”. Being broke, but still hungry, we wanted to see if we could survive on different variations of soup for 30 days. The rules of the game are simple:
- Soup shall be the main course for dinner every day for 30 days.
- Thou shalt eat half of the soup prepared for said day
- Thou shalt incorporate the leftovers into a new soup for tomorrow
- Thou shalt not spend more than $2.00 on additional soup ingredients for any one day.
Because today was our starting pot of soup, we added more than $2.00 worth of ingredients, but managed to avoid going out shopping for any additional food.
Ingredients Day 1 (Chicken and Rice)
- Half bag frozen mixed veggies
- Head of celery
- A few carrots
- Breast of chicken
- Garlic, ginger, thyme, oregano, paprika
- Two limes (juice of)