Stay Fit in the District
It’s finally Friday! Have some energy to spare? Check out these free fitness classes:
- Yoga at the Kennedy Center: Free all-levels vinyasa yoga classes every other Saturday in the Grand Foyer. Each session starts at 10:15am, and is led by a different local yoga studio. Free tickets are required, so make sure to reserve (far) in advance online!
- The November Project: Mondays at Meridian Hill Park (6:30am, NE corner), last Monday of the month at Capitol Hill (6:30am, NW corner), Wednesdays, 5:25 and 6:20am. Be sure to check their social media channels to determine each day’s exact starting point and route. Look for the crowd!
- Sunset Fitness in Georgetown Park: Each year, the Georgetown Business Improvement District celebrates summer in Georgetown with Sunset Fitness in the Park, a free series of outdoor fitness classes. Classes are held every Wednesday, 6–7 pm, from June through August in the Georgetown Waterfront Park near the intersection of Potomac Street and K/Water Street.
- Toned Up Tuesdays @ CityCenter: CorePower Yoga leads a variety of free outdoor yoga classes at The Park at CityCenter. Classes begin at 6:00p.m. on Tuesdays and they are free and open to all — BYO mat and water (weather permitting).
- TriFit at Golden Triangle (Farragut): The Golden Triangle BID offers free outdoor fitness classes taught by certified instructors every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday evening from May through September. Barre classes will be offered every Wednesday at the 2100 M St Plaza, while Yoga and Pilates will be offered on Tuesdays and Thursdays, respectively, in Farragut Park. Tuesdays: CorePower Yoga, Farragut Park; Wednesdays: Freedom Barre, Plaza at 2100 M St.; Thursdays: Pilates, Farragut Park. ALL: 5:30–6:30 p.m.
- 21 Days of Free Cycle Classes — CycleBar NoMa: CycleBar NoMa opened on June 14, and it’s launching with 21 days of free classes. For their first three weeks in business, riders can go to the CycleBar NoMa site and register for a class to try it out for free. During that 21-day period the studio will also be selling class packages at a discount, so if you try it out and like it, you can load up on class credits.