19. Humble Worker for God
Today’s reading: pp. 477, 478.
Two days ago we saw that Moses learned “faith and meekness, patience, humility and self-forgetfulness. Today we continue that theme with the emphasis on humility.
Also from two days ago we are told to “do the duty that lies nearest”. The lesson is repeated today.
- work / worker
- How are humility and wisdom related?
- How can you ensure you are needed and valued?
- What principle applies to those who feel qualified for a higher position?
- What happens to “those who perform faithfully their appointed work day by day?
- Who inspects our work? For what purpose?
- Character and motive are the basis of how great we are, what are the two given alternate definitions of these terms? What are the 3 listed components of greatness.
- Does Christ say it is wrong to want to be great? Describe what it is to be great in God’s kingdom.
- How do we go about being trusted and honoured of God?