Turn Inspiration Into Action With Pinterest Autoplay Video
Advertisers can now dynamically tell their brand stories in new ways that were not previously possible on the platform with Promoted Video.
Pinterest has now debuted their Promoted Video with Autoplay, enabling advertisers to effectively captivate their audience with better brand storytelling, while seamlessly moving them to action. The new format kicks video ads into motion the moment a pinner scrolls across it in her/his feed, without detracting from the user experience.
Successful video campaigns need effective video content, and creative strategy is critical to winning on Pinterest.
Follow a few of HYFN’s guidelines when creating new (or repurposing existing) video content for Pinterest Promoted Video with Autoplay as they can make a big difference in positive campaign and creative performance:
- Start with a strong and clear hook within the first few seconds to capture attention.
- Don’t be afraid to display your logo or product prominently (and tastefully) in the video.
- Feel free to use text overlay and promotional messaging.
- Pinterest is a visual platform so rely on motion and not audio to send your message. Audio only starts playing after a pin has been clicked.
- Keep videos short, ideally between 15–30 seconds. Videos can be up to 30 minutes long, however it is more effective to keep video messages short and simple.
With HYFN’s creative services and HYFN8 technology, we are thrilled to offer unique value to advertisers looking to immediately take advantage of Pinterest’s Autoplay Video Pins, providing custom video executions to drive results against your KPIs.
No other ad platform offers a visual search and discovery experience for an audience that is actively looking for your products quite like Pinterest does. Currently, over 175 million people around the world are using Pinterest every month, and while Pinterest used to be thought of as mostly just for women, now 40% of people who join are men. 93% of active pinners said they use Pinterest to plan for purchases and 87% said they’ve purchased something because of Pinterest. And with pinners already planning for the holiday season, now is the best time to promote your products and services, and what better way than with video?
Pinterest’s autoplay functionality has also proven to be a more cost effective ad product. They’re bought on a per-impression basis, and with autoplay, every impression is more likely to lead to a video view. As the number of people enjoying a video increases, the cost per view can decrease.
Advertisers can show their audience a new way of doing things while subtly showcasing product:
- Through an exercise tutorial, a fitness apparel brand can present their new line.
- An automotive company can showcase the driving experience and competitive features of a sports car.
- Preview upcoming launches with a short teaser clip to spark interest for a new product or for a new television show or movie being released soon.
And as these new ad products roll out, it’s critical to build up that trust with advertisers in addition to showing that the ads can be effective. Pinterest is partnering with Nielsen and Moat to give its advertisers accurate measurements on their autoplay video ad performance.
HYFN and its clients are already launching Pinterest Promoted Video with Autoplay campaigns implementing best practices we’ve learned on Pinterest and from our wealth of experience running video on other media platforms.
Contact us to launch your new campaign today.
Allison Taylor, Product Manager, HYFN8