The Difference Between App Development Companies And Freelancers
With the launching of new projects and products comes the decision that every company needs to make: Should an app development company or a freelancer be hired? It can be challenging to reach a conclusion as working with app development companies and freelancers both have their advantages. However, your decision will ultimately be based on your objectives and the kind of services you require to achieve them. To guide you, here are the pros and cons of hiring a mobile app development company and a freelancer.
Before making any decisions, it is necessary to examine the project at hand and consider the following questions:
1. How elaborate is the project?
2. What is the goal of your finished product?
3. What is your budget?
4. Do you have an internal project manager to supervise the process?
With this information, you can consider the pros and cons of each option and determine the suitable one for your project.
Merits of Hiring a Freelancer
1. Cost: Hiring a freelancer is usually a less expensive option than hiring the services of a professional agency. However, note that what you pay for is what you get and outsourcing to more than one freelancer can easily inflate your budget.
2. Specialized: Often professionals choose to become freelancers because of their proficiency in a particular niche skill-set. For instance, if your web or mobile project needs an interactive video or illustration, it is possible to get an artisan freelancer to do the job.
3. Flexibility: As qualified professionals, freelancers have flexible schedules that allow them to travel to your office, work extra hours and attend to your needs and priorities whenever you request their services.
The Disadvantages of Hiring a Freelancer
1. Reliability: Regardless of the talent, professional ability and commitment of a freelancer, unforeseen events such as family emergencies, time zone differences, and illness can disrupt the smooth flow of your project. This risk is eliminated when working with professional agencies, as an arrangement for a replacement can quickly be made.
2. Limitations: Basically, freelancers are hired for a specific task, but when unexpected changes or modifications crop up, there is only little they can do.However, the services of a multidisciplinary team would produce better results.
3. They are strangers: A Freelancer is unfamiliar with your company, your customers, and your market. You will need to form a working relationship with the freelancer, and this can be quite challenging.
The Merits of Hiring an App Development Company
1. Access to a talented team: This is the biggest advantage of hiring a professional agency, as the team can handle your design, development and marketing needs. Also working with a team of professionals ensures that the final product is consistent and impeccable.
2. Experience, Efficiency, and Speed: Professional agencies have the needed experience and workforce to deliver masterful, high-quality projects to their clients. Further, when working with a set deadline, professional agencies have the ability to deliver right on time.
3. Service & Support: Depending on the size and scope of your project, most app development companies offer ongoing support such as analyzing user feedback, marketing, and SEO.
This is especially necessary, as today’s mobile and digital projects are more complex and overlap with other business units.
The Disadvantages of Hiring a Professional Agency
1. Location: Sometimes the offices of these development agencies might be far from the site of the client, making meetings difficult to set up. However, with the availability of tools such as Google Hangout, Skype, and others, emergencies and meetings can be handled remotely.
2. Cost: It is more expensive to employ the services of a development company than to hire a freelancer. But it is believed that they give the highest value for your money since they offer multiple services and can deliver within the shortest possible amount of time.
In summary, you need to analyze your objectives, budget, internal skill-sets, and timeline and use them as a framework to determine the ideal partner for your project.