New Year resolutions of a Developer — 2018
Review of 2017 goals :
- Side Projects [Failure] — As a developer in a startup, it was difficult for me to work on my personal projects and creating something new every month.
- Ted Talks[Success] — Learnt amazing things.
- Stick to To Do list [Success] — Really helpful.
- Review Expenses [Success] — Really helpful. You review, you control expenditure, you get the habit, now you save more.
- Sleep early & Wake up early [Success] — Golden advice.
- Reading [Failure] — 6/16, disappointed. :(
I am happy I am able to accomplish 4/6.
Where I went wrong — Creating todo list daily with no long term goals.
Extra Accomplishments —
- Learnt to solve Rubik’s cube.
- Learnt to play with Slinky.
- Moved to new city.
This year, I’ll continue with the old ones with slight modifications in
Side Projects — I’ll pick a side project and finish it every 2nd month instead of every month.
Nested To Do List — I’ll create todo lists having daily, weekly & monthly targets Such that, daily todo list contributes to weekly todo list and weekly todo list contributes monthly todo list.
New New Year resolutions :-
- A Musical Instrument — I’ll learn to play a musical instrument and target is to play this epic theme [ Game of Thrones theme song ].
- TV Shows — I’ll watch each and every TV show which I aspire since last 5 years.
- Write — I’ll write more & more. Each and every interesting thing which I learn, I’ll share.
- Nap — I’ll take a nap in each Sunday’s afternoon. Fresh mind twice in a day. ;)
- Travel — Already have the list. Plan to travel 12 destinations this year.
- Observe — I’ll not only look. I’ll learn to observe.
Because “looking” tells you, “observing” prepares you.
These were my personal goals I want to accomplish this year.
Writing them and tracking each year’s progress makes me quite disciplined in life.
Not to say :-
Thanks for reading :)