Benefits of walking — There is a long list of benefits of walking some of which you may even not be aware of. Apart from keeping us fit, it also prevents diseases and prolongs life. Walking is no hard task, costs nothing, and easily fits in our daily schedule.
Health Benefits of Walking
Walking is indeed a great way to improve and maintain overall health. Here are some pointers for the health benefits of walking below that explain the benefits of walking daily:
- Only 30 minutes of walking every day increase cardiovascular and pulmonary health, strengthens the bones, reduces excess body fat, and boosts muscle power and endurance.
- Walking helps in reducing the risk of developing heart diseases, type 2 diabetes, osteoporosis, and improves the management of hypertension, high cholesterol, joint, and muscular pain/stiffness, and diabetes.
- It does not require any special equipment or training and can be done at any time of the day, at your own preferred pace.
- Walking stimulates weight loss in people that are overweight and can be easily done even by the elderly or those who haven’t exercised in a long time.
- You can make walking a social part of your lifestyle. You can tag along with a friend, child, or any other family member or even a neighbor…Read More