Aphelion Wallet Successfully Integrates Bitcoin (BTC) in Latest Release -Becomes World’s Only NEO Based Wallet with Full BTC wallet integration.
We are pleased to announce our latest release of the Aphelion Wallet DEX Version 4.0.1 has added support for Bitcoin into all functionalities of the wallet. The wallet is available now on our github for windows/mac/linux desktop (we will be moving the BTC update/integration into our mobile and web versions in the coming days and weeks).
This tech breakthrough makes Aphelion the world’s only NEO based wallet with full BTC integration.
This update includes the following release notes:
Changes in MainNet Release 4.0.1 (Since MainNet Release — 3.7.1)
- Add support for Bitcoin
- Including dashboard, recent transactions, token stats, send/receive, history & assets pages
- Generate a new Hierarchical Deterministic (HD wallet) for every Bitcoin Transaction
- Integrate Bip32 mnenomic passphrase for BTC wallet backup
- Allow BTC wallet import with mnemonic passphrase backup
*Remove wallet in settings is broken — Its fixed and will be updated on the next release.
Here are some snapshots of the Bitcoin integration into the various wallet functions of the Aphelion Wallet.
BTC Dashboard Support
BTC Send/Receive Functionality
BTC Asset Page Integration
BTC Transaction History Support
BTC Wallet Import with Mnemonic Backup
Some important points to note:
- Ledger is not updated for Bitcoin, but still works great with NEO
- For existing NEO wallets, when users update to version 4.0.1 you will be auto-assigned a BTC address and mnemonic phrase available on the settings page under BTC backup
- BTC send and receive addresses are Hierarchical Deterministic (HD) which means they change after every transaction for increased security and privacy
- For users logging in the NEO private keys (WIF, Encrypted) you will also be assigned an new BTC address and mnemonic phrase
- For creating new wallets users will get both new NEO back up keys and BTC mnemonic phrases (make sure you safely back up all private keys shown during the new wallet creation process, keeping only one (NEO) or the other (BTC mnemonic) won’t be enough to save both of those asset classes.
- Its a known issue that “remove wallet” in settings is broken on this release
- For sending BTC, network fees are calculated automatically and displayed in the UI so users will have to send a fraction less of available BTC for the transaction to complete; otherwise, you will see get an insufficient funds error (we are working on better UI for this element in future releases)
Please report any feedback and bugs on our telegram channel and we’ll be working to resolve any issues with a future release.
We appreciate everyone’s patience as we continue to knock out key milestones and move us closer and closer to our ultimate mission and vision of a totally decentralized cross-chain DEX.
Next up, ERC20 integration is nearly complete and we expect a release to come later this month.
Have a great week all and thank you again to our continued supporters, contributors, community and token holders.