Part 2: Introduction to Enneagram
Now that you have a brief idea on Enneagram the previous article, lets talk about its applications.
Applications using Enneagram is broad. It is often applied in fields such as business, psychotherapy, organizational behaviour, coaching, counselling, films & arts, healthcare, parenting, education, and spiritual development.
In corporate or organization settings, Enneagram is most commonly used in individual profiling (often coupled with coaching engagement) and team profiling (often coupled with learning & development or leadership development).
- Individual Profile & Coaching
Enneagram is an excellent tool for personal development. It highlights the high potential or resourceful sides of a given profile and presents the stressed or non-resourceful sides of the profile. This provides invaluable insights to the individuals.
By viewing people as living systems rather than static and unchanging, Enneagram brings intelligence and resources to personal growth, especially in building relationships. Enneagram helps us to appreciate diversity in others and improves our communication, emotional intelligence, and understanding of our significant others beyond what their behaviours are telling us.
With the in-depth understanding of our psyches, we can design a more targeted, effective plan to develop our potential. When coupled with coaching engagement, an Enneagram coach can partner with us on our growth journey, align our psychological strategy to our decisions and actions, so as to achieve results effectively.
2. Team Profile
When used in a corporate or team setting, Enneagram allows us to learn:
* About each team member’s habit of emotion that is a key to their preferences & expectations;
* How we can increase our motivation and support others;
* How to best manage our patterns of reactivity and return to a more balanced state;
* How to laugh at ourselves and our patterns to bring humor to workplace;
* How not to take conflicts or disagreements personally;
* How to reduce conflict and find common ground amongst all personality types by using systems and best practices;
* How to increase our communication skills through rapport building and empathy with different styles.
Each personality type has a particular contribution to make. When we look at a team profile, we can see which styles are present, and which are missing — and design organizational systems, tools, and best practices to address those blind spots and leverage on the common strengths to ensure the best decisions and objectives are achieved in a sustainable way.
Common team competencies developed with Enneagram are:
* Effective communication
* Decision making
* Change management
* Driving growth and result
Interested to explore Enneagram for your team or yourself? Read out to us today!