8 Container Orchestration Platforms to Know.
Container As a Service (CaaS) is growing very rapidly. Enterprises are adopting the containers and including container orchestration for managing containerized applications at scale.
Here are few best tools which are available.
- Kubernetes [Open Source]: Kubernetes is the CNCF (Cloud computing native Foundation ) hosted project. Kubernetes is used for automated deployment, scaling, and management of Containerized application. You can find more information about Kubernetes here.
- Amazon ECS [Closed Source]: Amazon EC2 container service known as Amazon ECS used for management of containerized application based on Docker as container engine. It is highly scalable, high-performance service provided by the AWS. You can find more information about Amazon ECS here.
- Docker Swarm [Open Source]: Docker swarm is native clustering solution provided by the Docker itself. It is single virtual host which is created by the pool of the Docker hosts using API Proxy. You can find more information about the Docker Swarm here.
- Google Container Engine [Closed Source]: Google Container Engine provides automated container management. Google Container Engine provides one click Kubernetes cluster. You can find more information about the Google Container Engine here.
- Microsoft Azure Container Service [Closed Source]: Azure Container Service allow to manage and deploy containerized application. It’s possible to use open source tools like Kubernetes to use with Azure Container Service. You can find more information about the Azure container service here.
- Mesosphere DC/OS [Open Source]: Mesosphere DC/OS provides the container orchestration. The data center operating system is a distributed operating system based on the Apache Mesos distributed system kernel. You can find more information about Mesosphere DC/OS here.
- Rancher [Closed Source]: Rancher provides container management platform. It included container orchestration with Kubernetes and Docker Swarm. You can find more information about the Rancher here.
- Tectonic [Closed Source]: Tectonic is Container Orchestration platform provided by the CoreOS. Tectonic provides production ready Kubernetes to the enterprise. You can find more information about the Tectonic here.
These are few emerging container orchestration platforms which Enterprises are adopting. Kubernetes is one of the most adopted platform for container orchestration. As containerized applications are growing so more use cases are added with open source container orchestration like Kubernetes. If you want public cloud-based orchestration then you can check GCE, Amazon ECS, and Azure Container Service.