GSoC PMA: Week-2

MOHIT KURi
Jun 13, 2019 · 1 min read

During week-2, I have created my first PR history.js — improving performance targeted at “gsoc-db-designer” branch. It’s merged after a lot of issues and discussions. Some of the issues were:

  • Merge Conflict: It was because I started my work with the master branch and not from the already created “gsoc-db-designer” branch. Variable names were also different in this branch as compared to the master branch.
  • ESLint error: While making changes, I made a few changes at places due to which I got this error.

Finally, this PR is merged. In this PR, I have done some improvements like earlier, we were calculating the length of an array each time in a for loop but now we have stored the length of the array outside the loop and use this variable inside the loop. Thus improving the performance of the designer’s history section.

Also, in the same week, I have started and submitted work for the second PR(link to the PR which was closed due to some issues). Here in this PR, I have made some issues at the start and due to which this PR includes the commit messages of the first PR too.

For next week, I have to resolve these things and complete the rest of the work.

Welcome to a place where words matter. On Medium, smart voices and original ideas take center stage - with no ads in sight. Watch

Follow all the topics you care about, and we’ll deliver the best stories for you to your homepage and inbox. Explore

Get unlimited access to the best stories on Medium — and support writers while you’re at it. Just $5/month. Upgrade

Get the Medium app

A button that says 'Download on the App Store', and if clicked it will lead you to the iOS App store
A button that says 'Get it on, Google Play', and if clicked it will lead you to the Google Play store