GSoC PMA: Week-9

MOHIT KURi
Aug 13, 2019 · 2 min read

One of the problem I was facing last week has finally been resolved. In one of the issue, “Designer Save as enhancement”, earlier the changes were happening as expected but the problem was that it works only when we have a alert message. It doesn’t work without alert message(in last week, I wasn’t able to figure out why). Later on looking into the things, I figured out that there was a problem of synchronization here. To resolve this, I searched for a while and later on found .ajaxStop(). AjaxStop(): Register a handler to be called when all Ajax requests have completed. “Whenever an Ajax request completes, jQuery checks whether there are any other outstanding Ajax requests. If none remain, jQuery triggers the ajaxStop event. Any and all handlers that have been registered with the .ajaxStop() method are executed at this time. The ajaxStop event is also triggered if the last outstanding Ajax request is cancelled by returning false within the beforeSend callback function”(Source: https://api.jquery.com/ajaxStop/). Finally I created a PR to resolve the issue correctly.

Another problem which I was facing was with the issue “Designer should remember expanded/collapsed state”, here I don’t know exactly why I am not able to restore the states. Here the GET and SET values are correct and also I loaded the data into the appropriate variables correctly too, not sure where is the problem exactly. Still trying to figure it out.

Beside these 2 issues, I started working towards other 2 issues:
- “Designer should show tables from other databases by default
- “Designer page save fails if dB name contains period .

Regarding the issue, “Designer page save fails if dB name contains period .”, I remember that I was able to reproduce this while preparing the GSoC proposal but now I am not able to reproduce this. I have commented the same on the issue too. Let’s hope we figure this out as soon as possible.

Regarding the other issue “Designer should show tables from other databases by default”, I have looked at the discussions and code related to this(actually the discussion which lead to this issue) also, I am able to reproduce this one but not able to track this down(the point where we need to make the appropriate changes to resolve this).

In the upcoming week, I have to resolve these issues and discuss things with mentors if I face any problems. Also, I need to look at the refactoring work if I need to make any changes over there or not. I need to speed up the things as the deadline for the final evaluation is approaching and the work should be finished with complete documentation before that. Let’s hope I finish things on time.

Welcome to a place where words matter. On Medium, smart voices and original ideas take center stage - with no ads in sight. Watch

Follow all the topics you care about, and we’ll deliver the best stories for you to your homepage and inbox. Explore

Get unlimited access to the best stories on Medium — and support writers while you’re at it. Just $5/month. Upgrade

Get the Medium app

A button that says 'Download on the App Store', and if clicked it will lead you to the iOS App store
A button that says 'Get it on, Google Play', and if clicked it will lead you to the Google Play store