We’re hiring at Incredible Health: Software Engineer
After closing our seed round and growing our team, we need even more help in achieving our mission: to empower and enable healthcare professionals to find and do their best work.
On Incredible Health, health systems and hospitals connect with nurses and other high shortage healthcare professions to dramatically speed up the hiring process. Using the latest in automation, data and recruiting technology, we’re able to provide a fantastic experience for both sides, while addressing our customers’ mission critical needs — having enough exceptional staff to deliver top quality care to patients, while also driving revenue and reducing costs.
Incredible Health is seeking a software engineer to build and scale services and features for our health professional talent, employers, and our internal operations. This core team leader will use their technical chops to achieve “customer delight”: keep hospitals and talent on our platform very happy! They’ll have a seat at the table and have a huge say in the company’s most important decisions.
We started in early 2017, and are backed by top venture capital funds, and successful founders in marketplaces and recruiting tech:
- Obvious Ventures, founded by Ev Williams (Twitter, Medium, Blogger) and James Joaquin (Ofoto acquired by Kodak, Clearview Software acquired by Apple, Xoom.com — IPO) who back entrepreneurs that are creating world positive companies and shaping the future of work.
- Matt Mickiewicz, the founder of Hired, the leading software engineer career marketplace, and 99Designs
- Steve Goodman, founder of Bright and sold to LinkedIn in a $200M+ exit
- Pete Flint, founder of Trulia, the real estate marketplace, took it public, then sold to Zillow in 2 multi-billion dollar exits.
- NFX, Precursor Ventures, Pete Kazanjy (founder of TalentBin, acquired by Monster), Linnea Roberts, and former and current hospital executives.
We are well capitalized and growing rapidly in customers and cash. You’ll join a fun, diverse (gender and ethnicity), and senior team of experienced professionals who have worked in healthcare, technology, consumer and enterprise software across multiple functions. We are a lightning fast moving team of medical doctors, registered nurses, software engineers, designers, growth leaders and sales leaders.
Our stack is Rails/PostgreSQL on the server and React on the front-end. Our experienced engineers hold CS degrees from MIT and UC Berkeley, and built products at Eventbrite, Facebook, Linden Lab, and Amazon.
The ideal candidate is exceptionally quantitative, and motivated by a fast-paced collaborative working environment with very talented peers:
- Define and constantly improve the web architecture of our products
- Develop, iterate, test, ship and maintain web tools for talent and employers as well as internal tools.
- Database design, analysis, and tuning
- Full stack development, you are able to roll up your sleeves and help the team on back-end or front-end development when needed
With that in mind, it may help to have:
- 5+ years of proven experience in a similar role
- Collaborative, team-oriented working style
- Self-motivated doer
- Empathetic and energetic when interacting with team members
- Analytical and comfortable with using analytical tools
- Deep interest in marketplaces, recruiting/HR and the future of work, or healthcare
- Great sense of humor
- Willingness to learn and teach
I’d love to hear from you.
If you’re interested, or simply want to learn more about the position and company, please send me or Rome Portlock, our CTO, a note with your LinkedIn profile link (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you’re interested and think you might not be right, well — you might actually be perfect for the role.
If someone you know may be interested, please feel free to pass along this post to them! And, I’d really appreciate it if you clicked the *clap* below too…that way, someone who might be a great fit will see this, too. Thank you!