#Blood4all, International Week of Blood donation!
Donate blood during this week of 5–11 December 2016
DID YOU KNOW?
· Every two seconds someone in the U.S. needs blood.
· Approximately 36,000 units of red cells are needed daily in the U.S.
· Blood cannot be manufactured — it can only come from generous donors
· A single car accident victim can require as many as 100 pints of blood.
· The blood type most often requested by hospitals is type O.
· 1 in 7 People entering a Hospital needs blood.
#Blood4All is a global initiative with the goal of holding multiple simultaneous blood drives in an effort to ignite a campaign to normalize and promote regular blood donations in communities around the world, during the season of the year when blood donations are needed the most. The Washington, D.C. Hub of the Global Shapers Community is inviting people in DC area to be part of this local and global activity, and at the same time to help save lives!
Donate blood during this week of 5–11 December 2016. You will not only help your immediate community but will also be part of the global movement taking place in more than 30 cities around the globe.
More Information: http://bitly.com/Blood4All
Spread the word using the hashtag #Blood4All