Today we’re launching our new brand identity: Fuel Games is now Immutable!
Before we get into the why, here are three things you need to know…
- The Apollo Client will soon be the Immutable Client (and similarly the Apollo platform will now be the Immutable platform).
- Fuel Games emails will now come from Immutable
- apollo.gg and fuelgames.io will soon be retired and consolidated into our new company website, immutable.com
Now that that’s out of the way, let’s answer the question: why?
We liked Fuel Games, but ultimately felt it did a poor job encapsulating what we do (or rather, what we will do more of).
Since the earliest days, we’ve had to develop a set of tools and best practices from the ground up to make our games work. We’ve learned what works, what doesn’t, and what’s required to get to where we need to be.
We’re a big fish in a small pond, but we want that pond to grow, and in order to do that the industry as a whole needs to evolve.
Using Gods Unchained as a best-in-class example, we’ll begin showcasing more tools and systems we have been busy working on to make blockchain gaming a mainstream reality. These tools are built modular by design, where developers in the not-too-distant future can incorporate them into their own games via our open SDKs. This doesn’t mean we’re paying less attention to Gods Unchained (in fact, we’re aggressively expanding our development), it just means we’ll be opening our door to offer tools to the community at large. These tools include, but are not limited to:
- The Immutable Marketplace, a better way to trade digital assets.
- The Immutable Wallet, a noob-proof way for players to store their assets with state of the art security and recovery features.
- Social tools to help players stay connected.
- Streamer tools to fundamentally change the way influencers interact with their audiences.
- And finally, FIAT payment functionality, to eliminate the obvious friction non-crypto audiences face immersing themselves in the ecosystem.
We’ve been waiting months to make this switch, but we’re excited to announce our name change as we scale our company and Gods Unchained to bring true and open gaming mainstream.
Lastly — if you’re interested in helping build the foundation for this new era, have a look at our new site to view all our open positions.
We have our biggest ever announcement happening this week. That’s right, this week! So please stay tuned and if you want to speculate as to what it might be, join our discord.