Fragments Under 140 °
- She was accustomed to wait for that green dot beside your name to light up. Now, she barely even visits the box; unheard of the knocks.
- But she was just another cigarette he’s going to puff. Burning for his happiness; thrown away when the flame fades out.
- Of colors and patterns, we were butterflies. Brittle were my wings; you didn’t know I was
- Your kisses were forbidden; your existence, a sin. Still she pressed her lips onto that coffee cup and left lipsticked stains of her name.
- He was a star gazer; followed a shooting star, thought it would lead him on. Came back w/ a memory, she only fed his eyes w/ her beauty.
- It was dusk when she started to distort the metaphors. There she found interest in his name.
- Arching her back at the corner of the room. She needs to leave that deafening place. The walls screamed for memories and his name.
- The spine of a book, she said. Papers glued. Ripped pages don’t come off completely. Fragments of papers glued on the spine were memories.
- She wanted to be more than just that triangle of rain that your windshield wipers miss on your car window; more than just that cyclical movement you make as you spin your spoon around in your coffee cup.
- It’s as if she’s a goldfish swimming in the forest; finds herself lost in the woods. Unable to defeat the sword of his taunting stare.
- Curled in bed sheets. Tucked in pillows. Rolled to the other side of the bed; his scent consuming her body.
- Leaves ran along with the wind in a marathon spirit. Raindrops slammed on the roof shouting for company. You were my favorite storm.
- Time was kept in a bottle before gods. One wanted to rule over it. Unclenched in gold, time flew by so fast they couldn’t put a halt.
- He conquered his fear of loving someone who couldn’t love him back. She was his mission; he was just her puzzle piece.
- Came across those brown eyes. Held the world in static motion; gravity pulled us apart. Fate didn’t want us to end up with each other.
- Scribbled unsaid thoughts on the pages of my journal; you stole it from me the next day. Scribbled apologies on the last page, and left.
- Deem her worthy of loving you; for bottled up emotions and bandaged scars. She paints her mask every night, and wears it during the day.
- Arms wrapped around her body under the night sky. Whispered goodbye; shed tears. Fingers intertwined; he has to leave everything behind.
- Clustered uncertainties devour her mind. Hangs hopelessly onto fate’s thread. Waiting for nothing. And that’s how she commits suicide.
- She lost herself in body modifications; inked tattoos and stretch marks of his name. Oppressed by murmurs of how to forgive and forget.
- Stretched my fingers and pushed these tiny blocks of letters; ended up erasing. I wasn’t supposed to talk to you.
- Buried his senses way down deep the earth’s crust; he doubted them. Loud whispers said she breaks hearts with just a single sentence.
- Dust came before rocks. Remembered inscribed marbles that dated back a couple years ago. Her tomb was his favorite fortress.
- You’ve shown me traces of yourself being a self-destructive emotion. I stood still, and held my hand with a grenade.
- Bloodshot rose petals between pages. Knitted them like paper dolls in cross strokes; threw it away in the library.
- Hearts full of dark clouds; barely breathes, hardly lives. Purple skies painted his soul moonlit bright.
- Suppressed gut issues; covered ears. Still confusion slid through between those minute spaces of his fingers.
- All he had were crooked fingernails; bruised convex knuckles. She was the toughest wall he ever dared to climb.
- Wake up. You’re dreaming again. Fill those empty illusions with misery. Remember, he won’t cross the bridge and set your world on fire.
- You won’t be his cup of tea nor his music preference. You won’t be his favorite scent of musk. And, you won’t be his.
- Stop. Even if it means cutting those tiny hollowed vessels encompassing your body. Open the door. Smile. And walk away.
- Sunrises are the only witnesses I survived another night; soaked pillows and blankets with streams of tears.
- Leave. Your body is the only way out. Unlock your lips, untangle your fingers. Run. Don’t strangle yourself with a stranger.
- You have every right to break fear’s mirror; devour them like crystals. Spit blood all over the walls; write her a letter, leave her a note.
- You knew she’s a paradox. But you’ll continue to love every corner of her body. She will love you at your worst; leave you at your best.
- Submit yourself to the monstrosity of the void. Offer your soul to the thunders and lightning bolts. Regain your strength from typhoons.
- He can still lie even when he crosses his heart and swears he needed you.
- Flowery, flattery, folly. You’re just one of his promiscuous selection. Don’t be moved by them.
- Cigarettes, alcohol. Trouble resisting. Bad habits. The hardest habit to break; missing you.
- Your lips. They whisper lies when we kiss; whistle broken promises. Shutterspeed kisses were blindfolds on my lips.
- The feeble-hearted woman. Her tears trickled down her cheek, past her blankets, and onto the riverbed. She sighed in relief and smiled.
- Time’s running. I had to make my way and deliver. Vowed constant exchange of mails. Never thought our coffee would run this cold.