5 Steps To Trying Something New
Sometimes we get stuck in a rut, our habits and routines start to feel stale and we lose sight of all of the great things happening in our lives.
We forget to put on our awesome glasses and see how awesome things are.
Here are some ways to break out of your shell and try something new!
- Break Out of Patterns — Do something new or unfamiliar every day. Doing something new can be exciting! You never know until you try, right? Try a new route home or to work or to school. Wake up at a different time than normal. Eat healthier foods. Break out of your comfort zone and try something you aren’t used to!
- Apply What You Know — We all know more than we actively apply. If we apply what we know, our lives will become greater and you will see a change! It adds a little spice to the recipe of life. Taking the time to apply that knowledge in the right areas and making that change is what most of us struggle with the most.
- Find Your Why — What are your reasons for doing what you do? Love? Success? Contribution? Health? Find your values and make the necessary changes and steps to live life accordingly. Finding your why can bring so much happiness into your life and will make an impact on your being. Find your purpose. Find who you want to be. Your life will become so much more than you know!
- Discover What Makes You Happy — Everything good in our lives always involves the things that make us the happiest. Happiness truly is the key to life. Focusing on the things that truly make you happy will lead you to a life that is full of joy and you will want to keep it that way! We all want to be happy at the end of the day, so find your happy and live it!
- Audit Your Environment — Reflect on how your environment makes you feel: where you live, where you work, your friends, your family, your relationships. If any of these things are affecting you in a way that you don’t like, change them! Making a change can be scary, but no one ever found pure happiness in their comfort zone! So, take a chance, and take a step towards making the changes needed to live a healthy, positive life. When you are positive, people will pick up on that energy. The same thing applies to any emotion. So, don’t be a Negative Nancy…be a Positive Pete and people will have no choice but to feel the same, it’s contagious!
Be weird. Be an alien.
Stand out! Be that one person in the room who everyone looks at and says “Why are they so happy?”. Make life fun! Everyday tasks can seem repetitive or boring, so why not try and make them a little fun or quirky or weird! Here, try this! Is there a chore or something you do daily that you find boring? Maybe it’s the dishes, or cleaning your room, or folding the laundry. When you have to do that thing that you find boring, spice it up a bit! Add some music. Listen to a podcast or an audio book. Dance. Sing. Be silly and have fun! Add something you enjoy to the things that bore you and it will make it more enjoyable. You don’t know until you try, right? You may try something and find that it works! But if it doesn’t…don’t get discouraged, just try something else! Don’t stay stuck in the same place, dance outta there and try something new!
For the full podcast/video go to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGhZgZBqMtE