5 TIPS TO HELP YOU LIVE A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE
- Mindset. Do you want to exercise more or sleep better? Find your inspiration. Find your why. Find someone or something that inspires you and will support you and hold you accountable. Your environment is a huge factor, so surround yourself with people that will inspire you to do and be better!
- Momentum. Once we decide to do something, many of us want to jump in head first and go too hard and too fast and end up doing more harm than good to our bodies. Don’t jump right into running 5 miles or lifting heavier weights than you can handle. Start slow and build momentum. Your body will thank you for it.
- Triggers. Create triggers for your brain to remind you to move your body. Repetitive action in the same situation will condition your brain to just do it naturally. Want to exercise more? Do 20 push-ups every time you get up to use the bathroom (or “piss-ups” as Bren likes to call them). Eventually, you will do them without even thinking because you conditioned your body and your mind.
- Breathing. It seems like common sense, we need to breathe to survive, but we don’t mean those shallow breaths that you are taking as you read this. Stand up, take a deep, slow breath through your nose and exhale as hard as you can. Repeat it a few times, speeding up the process each time. You will feel your blood pumping, your heart racing. It will energize and motivate you.
- Sleep. Do you ever feel tired, even though you got plenty of sleep? Your body is trying to tell you something. Here are three tips to help you sleep better and wake feeling well rested:
- Cut out caffeine.
- Work out early in the day.
- Do not look at any screen (phone, TV, computer, etc.) at least 60 minutes before bed.
At the end of the day, you really need to find what works for you. Do your research, try new tips/suggestions and figure out the best plan that will help you to improve your health, your sleep, and your life.
By: David Montgomery