10 Things You’ll Only Understand If You’ve Traveled Southeast Asia
1. “Spicy” in Southeast Asia is a million times hotter than “spicy” in the West.
2. The food on the street is as good as the food inside a restaurant, if not better!
3. Almost everything is negotiable.
4. The price of a 5-star luxury hotel in some places in Southeast Asia would get you at best a Holiday Inn in the West.
5. The feel of a fresh wet wipe on your sweaty brow can be divine.
6. Things have a habit of taking on a magical quality.
7. Pooping outdoors can be luxurious.
8. Sunsets look better over a beach.
9. Showering 2 or 3 times a day is totally normal.
10. And air-conditioning can be man’s best friend.
Image up top courtesy of Anantara Lawana Resort & Spa.