International Migrants Day Special
Migration has always been an essential component of human society but has never been more politicised. This is a crucial period, and we are working with great urgency to ensure India is on the right side of history in this debate.
India Migration Now was started in February 2018, out of the coffee shops of Bombay. With a mission of ensuring that India captures the opportunities that migration offers, we started building the most comprehensive data, research and policy repositories covering migration within India, from India and into India.
Our team consists of migration researchers, statisticians and communication professionals. It is spread all over India, with a large global network of advisors and collaborators.
Through our initiatives, we are helping the Indian private sector create suitable goods and services for migrants, advocating for policies that ensure the rights and needs of migrant households and producing research and narrating stories to change the overall perception of migration.
IMN has 4 parallel policy initiatives:
- Inter-State Migrant Policy Index (IMPEX)
- Tracking and evaluating immigrant policies of the major destinations for Indian emigrants
- Consultation paper for the proposed Emigration Management Bill
- Exploring the addition of India to the Migrant Integration Policy Index(MIPEX)
Gotta Keep on Moving is our monthly newsletter bringing you the latest research, policies, stories and more about migration in India. Our curated readership has grown rapidly and now includes members of the private sector, multilateral, central and regional policymakers, research institutes across the globe and media houses all over India.
- 12/03/2018 — Gotta Keep on Movin’: December 2018 Newsletter
- 11/05/2018 — Gotta Keep on Movin’: November 2018 Newsletter
- 10/01/2018 — Gotta Keep on Movin’: October 2018 Newsletter
- 09/03/2018 — Gotta Keep on Movin’: September 2018 Newsletter
- 08/13/2018 — Gotta Keep on Movin’: August 2018 Newsletter
We also produce IMN podcasts with experts, authors, employers and often migrants themselves.
In 2019, will rapidly scale up our outputs and partnerships. So please keep following and sharing our work.
On behalf of the IMN team, I wish you a brilliant 2019.
Let us be even better next year.
Thank you for reading,
Founder & Lead,
Copyright © *2018* *India Migration Now, All rights reserved.
Our mailing address is:
INDIA MIGRATION NOW
201, Sneh Sadan, 35-D Main Avenue,
Santacruz West, Mumbai — 400054,