Fun People — Fun Yoga — Case Study

This week, our challenge was to take Fun People inc, their main attraction is workshop camps that integrates classes, outdoor activities, technology, humor, games, and other..They currently offer in-person courses for adults of languages, music, yoga, cooking and first-aid.

Unfortunately, for many reasons people are unable to attend the workshop camps, but would still like to be apart in one of their courses.

Fun People needs a way of providing an 100% online experience for people who cannot attend the workshop. From the subject matters, we chose towork on yoga lessons.

Our goal was to find an online solution for people who were interested in learning or deepening their knowledge in yoga through Fun People. We wanted the experience to be memorable, fun and engaging. From then we started our process.

Design Thinking as the main methodology, we went though several stages, which we went back to and used from beginning to the end of the project. This aloud us to make sure we were coming up with a product that was well thought.


We started our research by putting doing the Lean survey canvas + surveys on Miro. This was very important to gain a better understanding of how we could develop the app, the gains and pains about online classes etc..

The importance of surveys is that they allowed us the gather valuable data from potential users to base our decisions. To helps us out we did the Lean Surveys Canvas and google forms, we got 57 responses. This gave us great insights into the development of the product.

85% of people are interested in learning or deepening their knowledge in yoga. 46% would do a 2 week workshop — only if it’s not the whole day and 65% of people would have online classes. This gave us great insights!

  • We discovered that 85% of people are interested in learning or deepening their knowledge in yoga
  • 46% of people would do a 2 week workshop, as long it wasn’t the whole day.
  • 65% of people would definitely have online classes

This stage was very important, the goal is to get more detailed information that the one we gather from the surveys and it worked. We interview 6 people. We gathered that most of them were a bit skeptical of learning yoga in two weeks, we found out that in a 2 week yoga workshop:

  • People would find hard to track their evolution
  • Keep motivated
  • though it would be difficult to have appropriate feedback from the instructor

This helped us a great deal in realizing the problems we needed to tackle.

To discover more about the possibilities of the online market, we researched the details of what our competitors have been doing. Based on our research we though the market is saturated in a way where people have more independent learning and don’t have as much fun learning.

After looking through all of the competitors, defined that the desired spot for Fun yoga would be between Fun and teacher feedback

We put together an Affinity Diagram based on all the research we did so far, to get a better overview of what our potential users are like, their desires, frustrations, goals & motivations.

This is really helpful in the understanding who our potential users are and working on a solution that would meet their needs.

How might we..

How might we keep people motivated in a online workshop?

Brainstorming is always important in the development process, it was in this step where we realized where we could go with the product, after the brainstorming we voted on the best ideas and realized we had similar we voted quite similar…from there we came up with a concept

A user flow defines the paths the users take while navigating through the app, we defined a happy path

User flow

After all this processes we started sketching, using Invison freehand, to come up with ideas of how the App would look like. The great thing about Invision freehand is that the group could sketch on the same page and at the same time talk about our ideas.

Once we talked and took ideas from each sketch we made a final one.

After the sketching we were confident enough that we could start out mid fidelity prototype, we already had the general idea of how it was going to look like so that process was quite easy.. then it was time for testing

Uploaded our wireframes to Useberry, in general we got good feedback but we also had some things we had to fix to make a better experience for the user. So we made the changes, tested again, refined the prototype, tested..had some problems in the animation part, with the help of our teacher we got that fixed.


If you want to give it a try, here is the prototype


A usual this week was very intense, in the middle of the project I started feeling concerned about how the project was going, I didn’t know if we could achieve want we wanted, but in the end it all worked out and overall i’m very pleased with the final product. Of course like always there are things I would change but hopefully next week I can apply all my learnings.

Graphic Designer and an aspirin UX/UI desginer at Ironhack bootcamp