AWS Training — The only Amazon web services course and certification tutorial you need
I wanna learn AWS, where do I start?
How can I learn AWS for free? Can freshers learn AWS?
If you ever had any of these questions, you must read this post. This post covers all the important services in AWS and cloud computing
So to start with, What is AWS? and do you need AWS training?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is Amazon’s Cloud Computing Offering, providing a large range of services for on-demand delivery of IT resources and applications via the internet with pay-as-you-go pricing.
•AWS cloud produces a scalable, highly reliable, less-cost foundation program in the cloud that powers thousands of businesses around in 190 countries throughout the globe.
•The AWS Cloud provides a widespread set of foundation services, such as storage options, computing ability, networking, and databases that are distributed as a service as on-demand, with pay-as-you-go pricing.
• Using AWS is simple. Create an account and begin provisioning resources needed to create a fully enabled cloud environment.
• AWS is extremely easy to use, providing a GUI for non-programmatic users to CLI capabilities for power users.
• AWS is flexible, allowing the user to select from a large range of OSs, languages, web app platforms, DBs and more. AWS is cost effective.
• You pay for what you use, with no term contracts or up-front commitments. AWS is highly reliable and redundant, with multiple backups.
• AWS provides a scalable environment which elastically stretches and contracts to meet your needs.
How is AWS in the current Market?
· AWS is a leader in the Gartner 2018 Magic Quadrant for Data Management Solutions for Analytics
But before learning AWS, Do you know what is Cloud Computing?
We define cloud computing as enabling and delivering computing services compute power, data storage, network bandwidth, and application software over a network on an as-needed basis.
What are the Benefits of Cloud Computing?
What are the Cloud Consumption Models?
· Cloud services can be provided through various models which balance cost, control, and flexibility:
What is IaaS?
· Framework as a Service (IaaS) contains the essential building obstructs for cloud IT and normally give access to systems administration highlights, PCs (virtual or on devoted equipment), and information storage room.
· IaaS gives you the largest amount of adaptability and administration command over your IT assets and is most like existing IT assets that numerous IT offices and designers know about today.
What is PaaS?
· Stage as a Service (PaaS) evacuates the requirement for your association to deal with the basic foundation (typically equipment and working frameworks) and enables you to center on the organization and administration of your applications.
· This encourages you to be more productive as you don’t have to stress over asset acquirement, scope quantification, programming upkeep, fixing, or any of the other undifferentiated hard work associated with running your application.
What is SaaS?
· Programming as a Service (SaaS) furnishes you with a finished item that is run and overseen by the specialist co-op.
· By and large, individuals alluding to Software as a Service are alluding to end-client applications.
· With a SaaS offering you don’t need to consider how the administration is kept up or how the fundamental framework is overseen; you just need to consider how you will utilize that specific bit of programming.
· A typical case of a SaaS application is online email which you can use to send and get email without overseeing highlight augmentations to the email item or keep up the servers and working frameworks that the email program is running on.
What is Cloud Security?
When deploying cloud solutions in Amazon Web Services, we need to consider the most appropriate connectivity solution approach to assure the desired level of security at best performance for the right price.
· Clients want to be in control of their data at rest or in motion. In order to secure data in motion, there are a number of connectivity approaches, from customer data center to AWS environment, each with advantages and disadvantages making decision making complex.
· Connectivity is a critical component in ensuring a secure cloud environment.
· There are two main solutions available today to support connectivity to AWS environment:
1>Amazon VPC VPN connection
2>AWS Direct Connect
· This deck was developed to highlight the main characteristics of AWS Connectivity solutions, exemplifying them in possible scenarios, and to present the recommendation regarding security and performance
What is a cloud strategy?
Business Value Strategy
· Develop the cloud business case to determine how cloud can be implemented and realized to deliver greater value to our client’s business.
· Examine readiness of existing applications with respect to target cloud platform and creates the strategy to achieve the transition where there is value. Draw To-Be Enterprise Architecture so that technology can enable business to achieve its objectives.
Operating Model Strategy
· Define To-Be Operating Model for an IT organization to function smoothly after transitioning to cloud enabled state.
Hybrid IaaS Strategy
· Architect infrastructure so that it intelligently and seamlessly utilizes public and private cloud based on business requirements and integrates with legacy.
· Identify impact on tools, processes, and interaction between Development and Operation teams as a result of shift to cloud adoption.
· Help IT organization revisit and optimize IT Service Catalogue to effectively meet business needs
· Advise on best practices to ensure secure usage of resources from cloud and adherence to Governance, Risk and Compliance requirements
· Identify the value of shifting to an XaaS model and how to create and execute a strategy to achieve the shift.
What Can AWS Be Used For?
· Amazon Web Services offers cloud website hosting solutions that provide enterprises, non-profits, and governmental organizations with a highly scalable, flexible, and low-cost way to deliver their websites and web applications.
Backup and Storage:
· Amazon Web Service gives a cost-effective solution for storing data in the cloud that reduces a load of provisioning and operating hardware.
· Amazon Web Services offers a low-cost storage solution for off-site archiving. Choose from a selection of services to meet your retrieval time, cost, redundancy, and location of storage needs.
· Amazon Web Services provides the ingest, storage, and analytics tools that allow you to turn your data into insights.
· With AWS you get a flexible, scalable, and global infrastructure of services to discover actionable insights from your information.
· Amazon Web Services gives you a wide array of database options to meet your conditions; providing from petabyte-scale storage to single-digit millisecond latency access, and everything in between.
· It also provides the option between NoSQL and relational databases.
· Amazon Web Services provides a secured, scalable, and cost-effective solution for hosting your application in the cloud.
· It gives you instant access to resources, and the flexibility to manage machines as you like, so you can get your application launched quickly.
What is Amazon Elastic Cloud Compute (EC2)??
Amazon EC2 is a web service that offers reframe and measure capacity in the cloud. It is created to build web-scale cloud computing accessible for developers.
• This web service interface permits you to get and configure job with minimum friction.
• It gives you total command of your computing resources and lets you move on Amazon’s proven computing environment.
• It decreases the time needed to get and boot new server instances to minutes, enabling you to instantly scale size, both up and down, as your computing demands change.
• It changes the economics of computing by authorizing you to pay only for volume that you actually use.
• Amazon EC2 instances are hosted in multiple locations world-wide. These locations are composed of regions and Availability Zones.
• Each region is a separate geographic region.
• Every region has many, isolated locations known as Availability Zones.
- Edge Locations are locations where data can be cached for the
purpose of reducing bandwidth costs, improving page load times, or increasing global availability of content.
What are AWS Compute Units?
• Amazon Web Services categorizes their computing resources into several “families”
• Each of these families come with different hardware configurations and sizes in order to maximize cost and performance
• It is up to the user to size the necessary computing resources they will utilize accordingly
• Note: in each family, there varyingly sized instances (Ram, Cores, HDD) and can thus be scaled to fit the users exact needs.
EC2 Instance Use Cases:
What is an AMI? (Amazon Machine Images)
• AMIs provide information required to launch an instance
• You can specify an AMI when you provision the instance and you can launch as many instances from the AMI as you need
An AMI consists of:
v A template for the root volume for the instance (OS, app server and apps)
v Launch authorities that control which AWS accounts can use the AMI to launch instances.
v A block design mapping that defines the capacities assigned to the instance when it’s launched.
• You can customize the instance you launch from a public AMI and then save that configuration as a custom AMI for your own use
- After you create an AMI, you can keep it private so that only you can use it, or you can share it with a specified list of AWS accounts
AMIs is local to each region, and must be copied to each region in order to launch.
AWS Includes Everything in the Price!
Utilization vs. Allocation Models
AWS offers various approaches to help meet client’s needs.
The AWS utilization model refers to the various instance sizes available for customers to choose from. AWS offers various consumption models for their EC2 instances allowing customers to design very cost effective solutions. They are listed below.
AWS Storage Services:
What is Amazon S3:
· Amazon Simple Storage Service is target storage with a simple web service to save and recover an amount of data from everywhere on the web.
· It is designed to deliver 99.9% stability and estimates past of objects global.
What is Amazon EBS? (Elastic Block Store)
· Amazon Elastic Block Store presents determined base storage quantities for employment with the EC2 in the Cloud.
· Every EBS volume is directly duplicated inside its availability state to secure from element failure which is offering high stability and availability.
What is Amazon Glacier?
· The Amazon Glacier is a permanent, safe, and extremely low-cost service for data storing and backup. We can store large quantities of data for as less price, like $0.005 per gigabyte per 30 days.
What is AWS Storage Gateway?
· The AWS Storage Gateway service allows composite warehouse within on-premises storage conditions and the AWS Cloud.
· It connects a multi-protocol storehouse device with extremely effective system connectivity to Amazon cloud storage services, it giving limited production with virtually unlimited scale.
Key Highlights of Amazon Simple Storage Service:
· It stores quick, electronic, secure data duplication across AWS regions. Each object uploaded to the S3 bucket is involuntarily duplicated to a point bucket in different AWS region which we prefer
· We can download or upload the data to Amazon S3 through SSL-encrypted endpoints. Amazon S3 will encrypt the data provided in default at rest and provides you with the choice of managing the keys through AWS Management Service (AWS KMS) Key.
Security and Access Management
· Amazon S3 executes different mechanisms to manage and observe who will obtain your data as well as when, where, and how they can locate it.
Cost Monitoring and Control
· Amazon S3 has several features like controlling and managing your expenses, counting bucket tagging to manage price allocation and incorporation with Amazon CloudWatch to get the alerts of billing.
So did you enjoyed reading?
Please drop a comment below, in case you need any free materials or doc or any help.