Informatica MDM Training, 100% Free — The best Informatica Master data Management Tutorial
Informatica Master Data Management is a system perfect for identifying the best version of the truth for master data.
It provides a means to easily set trust and validation of multiple source systems to fine tune the resultant master data. It is by far a leader in the master data management space.
Why do you think used so avidly?
Organizations are implementing master data management solutions to achieve:
• Regulatory compliance, such as financial reporting and data privacy requirements.
• Cost savings by streamlining business processes, consolidating software licenses, and reducing the costs associated with data administration, application development, data cleansing, third-party data providers, and capital costs.
• Productivity improvements across the organization by reducing duplicate, inaccurate, and poor-quality data, helping to refocus resources on more strategic or higher-value activities.
• Increased revenue by improving visibility and access to accurate customer data, resulting in increased yields for marketing campaigns and better opportunities for cross-selling and up-selling to customers and prospects.
• Strategic goals, such as customer loyalty and retention, supply chain excellence, strategic sourcing and contracting, geographic expansion, and marketing effectiveness.
Looks reliably consistent. Doesn’t it?
You obviously want to know how MDM works….
For batch processing, data is loaded from source systems and processed in Informatica MDM Hub via a series of processes.
Land: Transfers data from a source system (external to Informatica MDM Hub) to landing tables in the Hub Store. Part of the reconciliation process.
Stage: Retrieves data from the landing table, cleanses it (if applicable), and copies it into a staging table in the Hub Store. Part of the reconciliation process.
Load: Loads data from the staging table into the corresponding Hub Store table (base object or dependent object). Part of the reconciliation process.
Tokenize: Generates match tokens in a match key table that are used subsequently by the match process to identify candidate base object records for matching.
Match: Compares records for points of similarity (based on match rules), determines whether records are duplicates, and flags duplicate records for consolidation. Part of the reconciliation process.
Consolidates: Merges data in duplicate records to create a consolidated record that contains the most reliable cell values from the source records. Part of the reconciliation process.
Publish: Publishes the BVT to other systems or processes via outbound JMS message queues. Part of the distribution process.
Sit tight and get bright
1. What are the pre-requisites to learn Informatica MDM?
To Learn Informatica MDM, you should have basic knowledge of SQL, especially functions, joins, sub queries etc.
2. How is the career in Informatica MDM and what about Salary?
It’s definitely good because as per Indeed.
The Average annual salary for a Informatica MDM certified professional is $80,000, whereas a non-certified once makes around $45,000.
3. How much time does it take to learn Informatica MDM Tool?
Well, that depends upon the quality of training but with free tutorials, you can learn the Basics in 18 hours.
4. How do I get Informatica MDM Tutorials for free?
There are many places where you can get Informatica MDM Tutorials for Beginners and videos for free. But just make sure you are doing the Labs while reading otherwise it’s worthless.
5. What are the Roles and responsibilities of a Informatica MDM Resource?
There are many roles in Informatica MDM. i.e.;
i. Developer (60 % Job Openings).
ii. Architect (10 % Job Openings).
iii. Admin (30 % Job Openings).
As you can see the most important role is the Developer. Hence focus on that.
6. Can you provide details on Informatica MDM certification?
Well, there are 3 types of Informatica MDM certification. You can start with the basic one.
In Informatica MDM, you have different types of certification
i. Administrator, Specialist Certification.
ii. Developer, Specialist Certification.
iii. Data Governance, Specialist Certification.
To know more about various Informatica MDM Certifications you can check the other Blogs and videos of mine.
7. Can I get certified if my company is not a partner of Informatica MDM?
As of 2017, the answer is no if you can’t. Sounds bad? Don’t worry we have good news as well.
Informatica MDM will be soon extending their certification program to non-partners.
That sounds great.
8. How can I get access to Informatica MDM Console?
(1) Normal Access.
(2) Partner Access.
As you would have guessed, it’s only for partners. If your company is a partner of Informatica please register with your corporate email id.
Hope that helps.
9. Which is good? Online Training or Classroom Training?
Let’s see. In 2017 Online Training makes more sense but if get hold of a good trainer then off course classroom training is excellent.
10. How much is Informatica MDM Cost, i.e. for Training and Software Access?
The Training cost depends on the Vendor but I think it should not exceed 150$.
11. Where can I get Informatica MDM Training?
There are many vendors but make sure you get Lab access before and after the sessions.
12. Where can I get Informatica MDM Training in Hyderabad, Informatica MDM Training in Bangalore along with the materials?
I get this question from my office colleagues, friends, and Blog readers almost every day or week.
And my answer is if you are taking this offline, then it’s irrelevant. And I would suggest Online training instead of Classroom training for Informatica MDM since this is completely Tool Based i.e.; 0% Theory, 100% Labs.
13. How do I know if my company is a partner of Informatica MDM?
There are many companies like Accenture, Deloitte, Infosys, Tata Consultancy Services, Cap Gemini, Cognizant, Wipro, etc. That’s clearly listed on their official portal.
14. What about Informatica MDM Jobs? Do we have the good opportunity?
Informatica MDM has been implemented in below locations Washington, New York Los Angeles, Detroit, Denver, Chicago, San Francisco, London, Toronto, Houston, Austin, Dallas, Orlando, Seattle, India, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Pune, Chennai, Mumbai, Noida, Delhi, Gurgaon, Singapore, Melbourne, Dubai.
You can easily find a job in case you reside in any of these locations.
15. What is the Latest version of Informatica MDM?
10.1.1 is the latest Version in Informatica MDM.
16. Can I get any Training materials like pdf, ppt, and user guide on Wikipedia for Informatica MDM?
Not much on Wikipedia but there as many places where you can get it. Check out this for Informatica MDM Platform.
17. Can I download the software for Informatica MDM, if yes, how to get it?
Informatica MDM software download
That depends; if you are the partner of Informatica then you can get a Training License for practice etc.
Otherwise, you need to check with the any Informatica Partner for the license.
18. I liked your blog, how can I help you?
If you liked my Blog please leave or drop a comment. That will help me.
19. You are very boring! Can you change?
Well thanks for the feedback; I will try to do that. Meanwhile, you can check my other blogs and videos.
GET INTO INFORMATICA MDM TODAY!