Reasons to Substitute Coconut Oil for Vegetable Oil
Can you substitute coconut oil for vegetable oil?
You may have heard all about the benefits of both coconut oil and vegetable oil. But when you reach the array of cooking oils in the cooking oil aisle in the supermarket, you start to panic. Which one is better?
Vegetable oil has been around the market for the longest time because it provides better taste to certain main courses. It is also well-known as “healthy oil.” On the other hand, coconut oil has generated popularity in the recent decades for its health benefits. These advantages even include protection from certain types of cancer and improvement on brain health in people with neurodegenerative disorders. The real question is: Would you substitute coconut oil for vegetable oil?
Why Substitute Coconut Oil for Vegetable Oil
Before we begin to count down the WHYs to go ahead with coconut oil, let us differentiate these oils. Learn about the random facts in the table below.
Coconut Oil vs. Vegetable Oil
How and When to Use Coconut Oil?
- Use it to deep fry, stir fry, make sauces, and rub in roast meats.
- It improves the taste of Asian or tropical dishes.
- It compliments with just about any cooking styles (sautéing, pan frying, stewing, baking, grilling, roasting, or steaming).
- Use 1:1 ratio when you substitute coconut oil for vegetable oil or other oils.
- Use as substitute to margarine or butter.
- Excellent for baking and dessert recipes, including granola, truffles, and cakes.
- Best used with honey and cacao to make energy bars and energy drinks.
- Smoothies, tea, coffee, and juices can be added with teaspoons of coconut oil to increase energy and promote wakefulness.
- Use as an ingredient to make homemade mayonnaise.
Just like vegetable oil, coconut oil has no taste or flavor. Both provides foods and beverages that has no aftertaste. However, coconut oil is proven to be effective in some aspects, such as health and beauty benefits. No wonder people want to substitute coconut oil for vegetable oil.
Originally published at crazy4coconut.com on October 16, 2017.