A COLLECTION OF REMOTE ECOLODGES
FOR A NEW (ECO)TRAVEL APPROACH
BY INSPIRATION & ASPIRATION
The ecolodge is based on True Luxury, with the opportunity to reconnect with the Nature and ultimately with our own nature.
This inspiring concept gave birth to an idea: that of inviting alltogether our guests to contribute to the protection of the Nature.
How about adding to our enthousiastic daily lives at our havens of peace, a stronger impact on the Planet by connecting our ecolodges for an Eco-Travel Lifestyle able to change our humanity lifestyle ?
Creator (with my companion) of an ecolodge in the Auvergne’s Wilderness in 2010, I was long determined to remain independant as a small 12 room-structure with a gourmet restaurant and a Spa. But recently, I felt like there are such similar remote ecolodges all over the world. Their strength also is to offer immersive experiences which favour a high level of emotion and vibration. Experiences that also favour a high level of consciousness.
As an ecolodge creator or executive yourself, would you like to join the BEST OF THE NATURE project I will develop below in its whole conception?
1. A COMMUNITY OF SOUL
=> IN ORDER TO SHARE OUR EXPERIENCES AND GET INSPIRED FROM ONE ANOTHER:
Creating a community of soul motivated by the desire to share experiences, such as exchanging on energy saving for example, could be enriching for each of us.
With such community dynamics that helps go further and be stronger with an alltogetherness approach to Life rather than an “alone on a remote place” feeling. Because we are not competitors but possible partners with a same conception of Life.
First of all, let me tell you that you are most welcome to come and visit us at our ecolodge.
2. A HEALTHY AND INTELLIGENT VISIBILITY THROUGH A WEB PORTAL
=> RATHER THAN A COMPETITION BY THE PRICE, A VALORIZATION BY THE IMAGE:
Apart from our community as the first stone, BEST OF THE NATURE would exist through a Web portal as a website valuing a new experience for holidaymakers. The website would offer an answer to new expectations, increased awareness.
This is obvious to me since lots of our guests leave our place asking: “would you recommend other places with the same philosophy as yours?” I’m sure yours probably ask the same question, don’t they? as they reach your place with a dream of leaving behind their daily hectic lives in exchange for a simpler yet much richer environment where the soul is awake.
This portal: www.BestofTheNature.com will focus on:
- Making ecolodges more accessible. Because finding the world’s best “off-the-beaten-path” sustainable addresses is a time-consuming process, a Web portal together with press releases and 4 times a year-seasonal newsletters would showcase those properties like yours as an inspiring and original place to stay.
- Promoting through image enhancement rather than price competition (as we can see today more and more in tourism business through portals such as booking.com, expedia…) These portals, to me, answer a fear of not being visible but what else to our special places?
- Developping the power of Nature through exciting content of what the ecolodge experience is like (introducing the territory, the lodge from a Food point of view, encouraging local products of the soil, maybe Slowfood, also from the D(eco)ration and Wellness points of view),
- Offering opportunities of stays through an innovative heading (with an entrance by ecosystem : Sea, Desert, Mountain…) for a valorization by the image for the press & brands for potential photo shoots. As well as a focus on local plants and animals to develop the awareness and consciousness of what to preserve).
While hotels gather in chains with a main value: the economic pillar, how about gathering with a focus on Nature & Human value, together with a Creativity & Innovation other value as well as with a Health & Wellness one. What’s more joining our strenghts for a better visibility.
3. ADD A CONSERVATION FEE TO OUR COMMUNITY OF ECOLODGES
=> A REASON FOR OUR GUESTS TO BE PROUD OF THEIR TRAVEL CHOICES:
BEST OF THE NATURE, rather than asking you for money to pay for a dynamic development, would suggest that each of us add to our prices
1 €/1 US$ per person and per night as a conservation fee that would, beyond the Web portal, allow us to take part into positive developments such as co-branding, sponsorship of events with a Nature connection, holistic communication and positive actions to decide together.
NOW SHARING OUR OWN EXPERIENCE:
Since we opened our ecolodge 7 years ago, I’ve always thought we have to pay back Nature for what it brings us.
During the first two years, we participated in the protection of the royal kite locally.
Then, we had another two year-wonderful work with a local association protecting bats: informing on what bats are and are not (since these 30 grams cute animals really frighten lots of people). Now and for the last two years, we’ve worked on the protection of frogs in the lake as well as for the safeguarding of the Snow Leopard in Ladakh. We work on such projects together with Perrine Crosmary, environment expert. who sensibilizes on the relationship between Man & Nature on French television (Canal + and Planete french channels). Both, we share our convictions that the World is only one country and that all of our acts are interconnected.
For 7 years now, we’ve given 1 € back from our turnover for 1 € given by a guest. This has always been a proposal only. However, we- succeeded in gathering from 1,500 to 2,000 € per year, forwarded to nature connected associations.
As a mandatory conservation fee, I guess we could gather around 3,000 € each year.
If all of us collect no more, alltogether, imagine how we could all in a sudden impact the World with positive actions, with an Eco-travel Lifestyle able to impact our Humanity Lifestyle.
The world is in deep transition. Finding one’s own nature in a reconnection to the Nature seems to us as powerful as essential. This, indeed, can participate in building a positive future based on new paradigms: BE first with a clear view of what we wish for our future, rather than DO first.
Our ecolodges are structures that are respectful of both the environment and local populations. They allow guests to share and live another relationship with Life and the living.
Biodiversity plays an important role. Protection and awareness go hand in hand to make these independent and human “houses” references in terms of sustainable addresses. Almost offering a spiritual experience in sacred Nature.
With BEST OF THE NATURE, our common goal is to inspire :
- in the context of individual stays (where « holidaying » can be synonymous with availability to change oneself and thus change the World)
- and in that of companies on a seminar (because the company, Collective of men who participate in societal life, has a major role in the construction of new paradigms).
The calm, authenticity and beauty of our places undoubtedly activate positive emotions and strengthen human ties.
A REAL IMPACT ON THE PROTECTION OF THE NATURE:
www.BestoftheNature.com aims at being a Web portal & a label that allows to build a strong global visibility by throwing bridges between our sustainable lodges, in an international dynamics.
As a sum up:
BEST OF THE NATURE is willing to embody unique ecolodges among the world’s hidden wonders — from small independant places such as Spinguera, Cabo Verde or our « instants d’Absolu » Ecolodge & Spa (with a home feel), to small group structures such as SONEVA FUSHI or EXPLORA (with a resort feel).
While our properties serve to inspire and energize their inhabitants, they are anchors that enable the visitor to connect in a meaningful and profound way with its surroundings.
While each of our accommodations is individually-distinct and unique, each at BEST OF THE NATURE should be:
- OFF-THE-BEATEN-PATH: real getaways (to disconnect from civilization) with a “far away” feel, regardless of location.
- AWE-INSPIRING: in a Natural National or Regional Park or in a private reserve, the ecolodge should be awe-inspiring, on a most beautiful environment offering the feeling of a holy sanctuary.
- LOCALLY-INSPIRED, IN HARMONY WITH THE SURROUNDINGS: influenced by its community and surroundings.
- EXPERIENTIAL: the ecolodge should encourage guests to experience Nature at its best through its ecosystem.
- SMALL-SCALE: with a personal detail-oriented, and “handmade” feel.
6. CHARACTER-RICH: with a unique sense of personality, originality and authenticity that reflects the people (creator, team and/or community) behind the ecolodge.
We all have dreams. I strongly feel like beyond “instants d’Absolu” Ecolodge & Spa, BEST OF THE NATURE has become my “next mission on Earth”, to help reconnect human beings with the Nature for their own wellness and that of the Planet.
Will your ecolodge join BEST OF THE NATURE?
Will your dreams and projects be focused on giving back to Nature while participating to this collection of hidden paradises your place could be featured among?
Thanking you for reading through this project, I remain at your disposal in case you may have questions or wish to share ideas, send suggestions.
With warm regards from Auvergne, France
Laurence COSTA (Mrs.), Creator of “instants d’Absolu” Ecolodge & Spa